EvilB1Dart Offline
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline
master

Heaven
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Probably the reason why just about every legal SS hemi car does not have a diaper.

Hey Matt how's it going man? I notice a lot of the HEMI cars have changed how their collectors are positioned under the car. Are belly pans the reason for that?

Wes

Hey Wes all is well man, good to hear from you. I noticed as well that the collectors are now directed more out the side as opposed to straight back. That is part of the problem i have also with the current big tube under chassis headers and the way it wraps around the factory suspension leave little room for making diapers work. I will check into the headers and see if that is the reason they are doing that. Thanks.

Good to hear you are doing well. Thanks for checking into that. I just assumed that was the case.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: EvilB1Dart] #1310168
09/26/12 12:41 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
FWIW on my 99Hemi the headers are touching the the diaper. DJ safety added some heat resistant material where the headers and diaper make contact. This is a big tube header with a very wide engine but I do have a rack. IMO it is piece of mind but there are some cars that make it near impoosible to accomplish.

I look at a lot of cars when we are divisionals, we have plenty fo time ya know. Anyway I see a lot fo the SS cars using pans instead of diapers. Especially with the FE Fords, 66-7 Chevy II's and a number of Mopars. The only concern I have sen is they can hang up in the lights as some of them are VERY low in front and cast a "Shadow" on either side of the front tire. I had the same issue on my big tire car with a one size fits all diaper. At some tracks it would hang up in the light and give horrible reaction times and and quick ET's. Alsmost got me at a National Open but my opponent redlit.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: HemiDart68] #1310169
Addison,IL
OUTLAWSSAA Offline
super stock
OUTLAWSSAA  Offline
super stock

Addison,IL
I wasn't looking to enter some sort of moral debate. I was actually just looking for a good solution. Personally I am building in some sort of oil containment device before i race my new car. Probably going to try and go the belly pan route. Just looking for a good way to do it and actually be effective. I don't see how having a diaper with holes in it for the oil lines and drag link being much more then putting a check in the box on the tech sheet, basically being better than nothing. Also if anyone thinks its as easy as caling DRE and popping it on the car i would gladly invite them to come see the car and the constraints I am working with and show me how its done. Probably the reason why just about every legal SS hemi car does not have a diaper.

Matt, I agree 100%. I'm not saying its not a good idea, its just not feasible on certain cars. I've been down this road many times. Next time you guys that want all cars to have diapers on, please walk over in the pits and look under my car and tell me how a diaper would fit in there. When NHRA thought about mandatory diapers a few years ago, they dropped it because of the SS cars. The west coast hemi teams petitioned NHRA about putting on rack & pinions,to eliminate the draglink, and were turned down, After that the diaper talk was dropped. I had a DIV 3 tech guy look under my engine and he came out from under there shaking his head. He said no way.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: qwkmopardan] #1310170
09/26/12 02:07 AM
09/26/12 02:07 AM
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
Quote:

MONSTER MOPAR WEEKEND started as MONSTER MOPAR SUNDAY. When it became MONSTER MOPAR WEEKEND the entry fee went up and we raced for money both days. The entry fee for Pro and S/Pro was $110 with the old promoter and was for $2000 to win on Sat. and $4000 on Sunday. In fact I was racing at MONSTER MOPAR when this promoter was probably just out of diapers. Now, $125 for $3000 to win on Sunday is not a fair entry. The promoters flyer noted, now Sat. race was now included in entry fee of $125., Made us pay extra $50 last 2 events. At that point we are racing for 2 chances at winning a possible $4500 for our $125 entry. A much more reasonable payout to entry fee ratio. Now your car count goes up, and the gate take goes up. I am tired of hearing this s*it about a free race getting canceled. Sat. race was included in entry fee, NOT FREE!!!!!

Now lets go back and look at how Monster MOPAR started. 2 classes. Super Pro---Pro and some exibition cars Then Street got added, then NSS got added, then now several more. I don't have a problem with all of the classes because Pro and S/Pro is not everyones cup of tea. We all came for the class or classes of or choice and paid our entry fee. The promoter had a run order and shuffled it up and should not have. And if something gets eliminated why jip the class you make the most $$$$ off of.

All of the people that bought a tech card had race cars, even if some not so racy, including box and no-box, and should have all been considered equal, and run order followed until the race track was un-safe. Not cancel some and continue to race others. And yes, we did get paid for Sat. and because it was only 1 round completed pay was minimal, while others got to finish, even one class Sun. Morning. The race should of continued in the order that was posted, then when stopped for weather or time reasons all purses split at that time.

And I know how late we raced on Sunday because only one more pair went down the track after me and then it was off to the winners circle.

And back to the original subject. There are probably not parts avail. to make a MOPAR as competitive as Ford in 10.5. There probably would'nt be in a Ford if not for Glidden as they have helped to get Ford where it is today. When Bob Glidden did run MOPAR, for 1 year, he was very successful, and I believe if Glidden would switch to MOPAR, with there Knowledge, expertise and resources, they could do as well or maybe better.

And on bashing all the guys that oiled down, I am sure if they knew they were spilling there guts they would have stopped. Sometimes you just don't know your car is leaking.

Yes, it WAS free. Just because it USED to cost less to enter a race doesn't mean entry fees will always stay the same. Costs go up, and so do entry fees. The higher entry fee wasn't to cover the additional race, and if you think it was, your math skills need some brushing up. You are whining because a FREE race got cancelled. Period. How is it that a FREE class is what makes the most money? What's REALLY awesome is, you seem to know EXACTLY how to put on a successful race. When is the next event you are holding? Where was the last one you put on? I love it when a racer acts like they know how a race should be run. What's funny is, how THEY think it should be run usually points back to what would benefit the class THEY are running. Oh, and thanks for the history lesson.. but it doesn't really apply. 1. That promoter is no longer running it, and 2. one word: evolution. Times change.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310171
09/26/12 03:39 AM
09/26/12 03:39 AM
Oh
H
His and Her 69's Offline
pro stock
His and Her 69's  Offline
pro stock
H

Oh
I AGREE the oil downs were MANY and if the drivers would have pulled over it would have taken a lot less time for cleanups. Sam 64 did a Great job when he broke and so did a few others.
We had a GREAT TIME at the event JOSH and we will come support as many of your events as we can afford.
You was visable for all to see and talk with if we had questions,
You paid us cash for our rounds won, and you did the Best you could with all the issues that came up.
JOSH you and YOUR FAMILY are GOOD people.
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT WEEKEND. David and Janet

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: His and Her 69's] #1310172
09/26/12 05:49 AM
09/26/12 05:49 AM
Finalnd, Perkele
J
jyrki Offline
master
jyrki  Offline
master
J

Finalnd, Perkele
I added a belly pan a few years ago, and recommend it to all race cars. Everything you can do to prevent any oil get down to the track and is a big help in the case of a mishap. I guess a sheet of aluminum and a few rivets cost maybe 20 bucks, and a piece of "oil carpet" a few more? Should be mandatory in all cars.

Plynouth VIP '67 TT IC EFI
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: jyrki] #1310173
09/26/12 11:19 AM
09/26/12 11:19 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Josh,it's ALWAYS your fault

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310174
09/26/12 11:37 AM
09/26/12 11:37 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Yes, it WAS free. Just because it USED to cost less to enter a race doesn't mean entry fees will always stay the same. Costs go up, and so do entry fees. The higher entry fee wasn't to cover the additional race, and if you think it was, your math skills need some brushing up. You are whining because a FREE race got cancelled. Period. How is it that a FREE class is what makes the most money? What's REALLY awesome is, you seem to know EXACTLY how to put on a successful race. When is the next event you are holding? Where was the last one you put on? I love it when a racer acts like they know how a race should be run. What's funny is, how THEY think it should be run usually points back to what would benefit the class THEY are running. Oh, and thanks for the history lesson.. but it doesn't really apply. 1. That promoter is no longer running it, and 2. one word: evolution. Times change.

Mark... I didnt end up going(no car was ready) but
being that the box and no box was free I could only
fit into a couple of classes (10.0 and box or no box)
so I would have paid to get in by entering 10.0 but
the only class I could enter and go all out would
have been the free classes.... so what other class
could I have enter that wasnt canceled ..... I dont
think anyone is really knocking Josh but I can see
some of them being a little pissed sitting in a line
waiting some lengthy time just to have it canceled
(I know I wouldnt have waited... I would have headed
back to my pit area... but thats me)

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1310175
09/26/12 02:05 PM
09/26/12 02:05 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Sound's like the weekend was full of mishaps and bad luck, maybe the hail storm on Friday was a bad omen, cannot see blameing Josh for those things, sounds like there were some snap decisions that were made that may not of set well with some,,we live and learn as I am sure running this type of event can be a hair raising experience at times, so that being said, I am planning on hitting most if not all of Josh's event's next year,, if all go's according to my plans.

and as far as the free race,,to me it just like getting a by run, some times you get to run it by yourself some times you have an even number of car's and have to run another car,, if the schedule run amuk then the freebee's go away first.jmo

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: dartman366] #1310176
09/26/12 02:10 PM
09/26/12 02:10 PM
Chicken coop
dustergirl340 Offline
Chicken Little
dustergirl340  Offline
Chicken Little

Chicken coop
It was a fun time. I drove 5.5 hours each way and it was well worth it. I had to wait like everyone else but there was plenty to do so it wasn't that big a deal to me. I am very thankful that we have Mopar only venues like this to race at.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: EvilB1Dart] #1310177
09/26/12 02:45 PM
09/26/12 02:45 PM
North of Detroit
HemiDart68 Offline
master
HemiDart68  Offline
master

North of Detroit
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Probably the reason why just about every legal SS hemi car does not have a diaper.

Hey Matt how's it going man? I notice a lot of the HEMI cars have changed how their collectors are positioned under the car. Are belly pans the reason for that?

Wes

Hey Wes all is well man, good to hear from you. I noticed as well that the collectors are now directed more out the side as opposed to straight back. That is part of the problem i have also with the current big tube under chassis headers and the way it wraps around the factory suspension leave little room for making diapers work. I will check into the headers and see if that is the reason they are doing that. Thanks.

Good to hear you are doing well. Thanks for checking into that. I just assumed that was the case.

The Reason the headers are turned to the side is to facilitie trans remove and replace. No AH cars are running a diaper.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: HemiDart68] #1310178
09/26/12 03:16 PM
09/26/12 03:16 PM
Indiana
B
BM70Dart Offline
BM70Dart  Offline
B

Indiana
So I would assume the entry fee is going to go up then if there is going to be points races both days next year

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1310179
09/26/12 05:26 PM
09/26/12 05:26 PM
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
Quote:

Mark... I didnt end up going(no car was ready) but
being that the box and no box was free I could only
fit into a couple of classes (10.0 and box or no box)
so I would have paid to get in by entering 10.0 but
the only class I could enter and go all out would
have been the free classes.... so what other class
could I have enter that wasnt canceled ..... I dont
think anyone is really knocking Josh but I can see
some of them being a little pissed sitting in a line
waiting some lengthy time just to have it canceled
(I know I wouldnt have waited... I would have headed
back to my pit area... but thats me)

Raff, your situation is a little different on two fronts. First, many have been racing longer than me, but I have been to enough races to know the free race is always the one that will get bumped if there issues with time (weather, oil downs, etc.), so I personally wouldn't travel to ONLY enter in a free race knowing that. Secondly, the guy doing all the whining won Super Pro on Sunday and made to the semis in Pro, yet is complaining that he got screwed because they nixed the free race. Pure and simple, that is complaining just to complain. He didn't get screwed out of anything. He WON one class and took home money in another! There were almost 200 cars in Pro/ Super Pro, yet 99% of them have had nothing but good to say about the race. Why isn't this thread filled with 200 different people complaining about box/ no box getting cancelled? Easy. They know it was a free race, and everyone who won one round got a little cash for their trouble when it got bumped. If his situation was like yours, where he was only coming to mainly run box/no box, I would understand him being a little upset, but would revert back to "you knew it was a free race and could possibly get bumped if time was an issue before you came, so suck it up and don't gamble next time". But that is not the case here. Not even close.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310180
09/26/12 06:16 PM
09/26/12 06:16 PM
St. Louis Mo. USA
P
Pleaz Offline
Pleaz  Offline
P

St. Louis Mo. USA
Wow...you get on here and voice your opinion and you are called a whiner....thats why nobody else wants too get on here and tell you they feel the same way Dan does. He feels saturday was run poorly...its his opinon....hes entitled too it. Dont take it so personal(Mark). You told Dan too brush up on his math...i think you should brush up on your people skills. Because your coming off a bit arrogant, and unreasonable. Peace n love..peace n love...cya at the fling.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Pleaz] #1310181
09/26/12 06:26 PM
09/26/12 06:26 PM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
Here is my complaint.

I was standing in the tower all night Saturday and Sunday taking care of business.

I was available to everyone who wanted to voice a concern.

I was their when Dan collected his money.

No one mentioned any of this. Instead they make a post on a forum.

He could have gotten an explanation from the guy who made these decisions in person.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: HemiDart68] #1310182
09/26/12 06:38 PM
09/26/12 06:38 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well of course it's my fault... I'm the promoter

It's ok. We decided early Friday to go around the pits and cause the 15 hours of oil downs caused by the dip shits who blew their cars up and then decided to drive right down the center of the groove.

I had to get classes done... So naturally the classes who paid an entry fee and planned on being done Saturday had to take priority. The nss the quick and the 10.5 cars became the priority.

After the first round there were still over 100 cars in the no box class and 30 in box... So I could get 1 more round of those cars in based on the schedule or I could try to finish the other classes.

The quick cars decided on their own they were not willing to race in the track any longer all though I disagreed with that call I respected it.

So we raced until midnight and down to the final 5 or so nss cars finished nss and completed 1 round of quick.

As for any bitchin about glidden making one test pass .... Stuff that up your as s. the track asked me of he could make one test pass. I agreed. He is local and supports the track and I would do it again. And for the remark about him putting forth an effort to make a Mopar that fast, he knows enough that the parts we have make that happen don't exist so if you consider your self an engine builder I would think yu would know that....

We intended to race until it was all done. Dew point and track temp made us racing until 3 am impossible I didn't want to cancel anything. It doesn't cost me anymore or less to race but at the rate we were going it was an impossible feat

Maybe we should all look at getting diapers and belly pans sober can get the racing in

I agree 100% with containment trays and or diapers to keep the oil downs to a minimun but here is the reason self centered people don't think of.If you have a containment tray or a diaper and you have a small oil leak the oil will be cought instead of spraying a light mist of oil on the track that is not detected for someone else with a 50,000 dollar car to drive threw and stuff it in to the wall distroying there car and maybe there life and the lives of there loved ones.

The misley 200.00 you spend on a diaper might save the life of someone other than your own tight a$$ self.

Thats the problem with the world today no one gives a $hit about the next guy.

That may be an issue for some. However i still would like to know how to put a diaper on a car with a superstock legal stock front suspension in which the drag link passes through the oil pan?? if someone can show a good way to do this ill sign up and get one.

They call DRE or any other manufacturer an order one.

Yea because a diaper with a draglink hole in the side will do an outstanding job of containing oil in the event of an engine explosion. It would just be a way to pass tech, i don't see it actually doing very much.

it might if the hole isnt as big as the one in the pan.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: joshking440] #1310183
09/26/12 06:39 PM
09/26/12 06:39 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Here is my complaint.

I was standing in the tower all night Saturday and Sunday taking care of business.

I was available to everyone who wanted to voice a concern.

I was their when Dan collected his money.

No one mentioned any of this. Instead they make a post on a forum.

He could have gotten an explanation from the guy who made these decisions in person.

dont be salty thats my job.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: OUTLAWSSAA] #1310184
09/26/12 06:41 PM
09/26/12 06:41 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

I wasn't looking to enter some sort of moral debate. I was actually just looking for a good solution. Personally I am building in some sort of oil containment device before i race my new car. Probably going to try and go the belly pan route. Just looking for a good way to do it and actually be effective. I don't see how having a diaper with holes in it for the oil lines and drag link being much more then putting a check in the box on the tech sheet, basically being better than nothing. Also if anyone thinks its as easy as caling DRE and popping it on the car i would gladly invite them to come see the car and the constraints I am working with and show me how its done. Probably the reason why just about every legal SS hemi car does not have a diaper.

Matt, I agree 100%. I'm not saying its not a good idea, its just not feasible on certain cars. I've been down this road many times. Next time you guys that want all cars to have diapers on, please walk over in the pits and look under my car and tell me how a diaper would fit in there. When NHRA thought about mandatory diapers a few years ago, they dropped it because of the SS cars. The west coast hemi teams petitioned NHRA about putting on rack & pinions,to eliminate the draglink, and were turned down, After that the diaper talk was dropped. I had a DIV 3 tech guy look under my engine and he came out from under there shaking his head. He said no way.

trouble maker lol.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: joshking440] #1310185
09/26/12 06:43 PM
09/26/12 06:43 PM
Portage,michigan
B
B3422W5 Offline
I Live Here
B3422W5  Offline
I Live Here
B

Portage,michigan
Josh....

I just want to thank you for making the 3.5 hour drive down from Michigan such a worthwhile venture for me, as just a spectator on Saturday.

The food, band, goodwill, and chance to meet old friends was fantastic.
You are never going to make everybody happy, as a business owner myself, it is something experience teaches all of us.
Abnormally cold weather for that time of year, and an abnormal amount of oil downs i am sure made life way more difficult than it would have been otherwise.
I hope to return to racing soon, and i am glad a person like you has stepped up and made the future of Mopar events so bright that i might be able to chase my dream knowing truly good people like yourself and Rick are behind these events.

Thanks again, God bless, and good luck going forward

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: joshking440] #1310186
09/26/12 06:47 PM
09/26/12 06:47 PM
Fenton, MO
66Coronet-340 Offline
66Coronet-340  Offline

Fenton, MO
So when the complaint was brought up on saturday night after the no box/box was cancelled at the tower your response was "it was a freebee" and off you went. That does not seem like a good response or the way to handle the complaint.

Lets call all races freebies so then we can use the excuse of its a freebee whats the issue.

Is the reason for the supposed "free" entry on saturday to no box/box due to the complaints from Gateway in June??? People I talked with did not want to pay more to race on saturday when before it was part of the Monster Mopar Package?

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8