Affton MO
Q
qwkmopardan Offline OP
super stock
qwkmopardan  Offline OP
super stock
Q

Affton MO
Why??????????? So he could poke the whole Mopar crowd in the eye and make the fastest pass of the weekend????? He all-most succeeded if that was his goal. 4.01 at 185mph 1/8th mile in an adrl 10.5 tire car. 2nd only to the Lake Erie Monster dragster that went 3.79 at 186 mph.
I remember when his dad ran a Plymouth Arrow in pro stock and was allmost unbeatable with a Motor that by todays standards was just a mild bracket motor. If Billy G. would use his knowledge and resources and apply it to a Mopar he might have been able to make the fastest pass of the weekend.

On another note it seems odd we had time to run a Ford but could'nt find the time to run BOX and NO/BOX on Saturday

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: qwkmopardan] #1310128
09/24/12 10:55 PM
09/24/12 10:55 PM
okla.
sam64 Offline
pro stock
sam64  Offline
pro stock

okla.
yeah but we got to wait for for hours to be told we were done,could have been haven a good meal or brew instead string us along.2 corn dogs and a drink got my winnings,lol.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: qwkmopardan] #1310129
09/24/12 11:09 PM
09/24/12 11:09 PM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline
master

Heaven
Quote:

If Billy G. would use his knowledge and resources and apply it to a Mopar he might have been able to make the fastest pass of the weekend.

If you knew him or knew anything about him you wouldn't say that. He knows his way around Mopars pretty damn well.....from years ago and by today's standards.

The other part I can't help you with, take it up with JOSH!

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: EvilB1Dart] #1310130
09/25/12 11:37 AM
09/25/12 11:37 AM
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
So you could have run box/ no box in the same amount of time it took Glidden to make one pass? LMAO, get real. Oh, and a meal? Did you miss the FREE food Josh supplied to EVERYONE Saturday evening? I swear, some people whine just to whine.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310131
09/25/12 12:17 PM
09/25/12 12:17 PM
Affton MO
Q
qwkmopardan Offline OP
super stock
qwkmopardan  Offline OP
super stock
Q

Affton MO
As a matter of fact I did not go for the free food as I thought as soon as I walked up to the PARTY area for food they would make the call for no-box to the lanes. Once the box/no-Box race was canceled the food was gone.

And I'm damn sure going to whine when a promoter cancels just a couple classes because the racetrack could become un-safe. The race should have continued in the advertised order until it became un-safe. The order got shuffled around 7PM when they called 2nd round NSS and extreme 10.5 to the lanes, which ran their 1st round after no-box. That tells me the promoter knew at 7PM he was going to cancel no-box and box, and waited until 10PM to inform us. And then raced for 3 more hours with a chosen few.

Mark. What class were you in??? NSS with a pontiac or a ford???? Or not even racing? Or in box and no-box and lost in the 1st round? Sure you would'nt whine because you either weren't racing or got to race.

If they canceled all the classes at 10PM I would have never whined a peep, but if I'm getting screwed, I'm going to squeel like a pig.

On Billy Glidden's pass, it only took a couple minutes and i enjoyed seeing it. Hell, maybe next MONSTER MOPAR WEEKEND they could get Cruz Pedregon to make a pass in his Toyota funny car.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: qwkmopardan] #1310132
09/25/12 12:37 PM
09/25/12 12:37 PM
Indy
FlyFish Offline
super stock
FlyFish  Offline
super stock

Indy
Quote:

......... The race should have continued in the advertised order until it became un-safe. The order got shuffled around 7PM when they called 2nd round NSS and extreme 10.5 to the lanes, which ran there 1st round after no-box. That tells me the promoter knew at 7PM he was going to cancel no-box and box, and waited until 10PM to inform us. And then race for 3 more hours with a chosen few........

100% agree with this statement.

67 Barracuda street car, 408, e85, 1.38 60', 6.44 @105.9 in the 1/8 mile, 10.19 @130.5 in the 1/4...so far....
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: qwkmopardan] #1310133
09/25/12 01:22 PM
09/25/12 01:22 PM
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
Quote:

Mark. What class were you in??? NSS with a pontiac or a ford???? Or not even racing? Or in box and no-box and lost in the 1st round? Sure you would'nt whine because you either weren't racing or got to race.

Great intellectual statement. Actually, I was a class sponser, and I promise you this weekend cost me more than it cost you. Regardless, it doesn't matter. Unfortunately for you, you don't have to be running a class or a particular brand of car to call out a whiner. Is box/no box the only class you came to run?

So you didn't take advantage of the free food because of YOUR decision, not anyone else. You "thought" they would call your class if you went over there, so YOU decided not to go. That's your fault, not Josh's. Do you know how late the race went on Sunday? When they actually finished? Where is all the outrage and whining about the HOURS and HOURS of lost racing time due to racers not having enough intelligence to pull over and not oil down the entire track? Had those racers done the smart thing and pulled over, there would have most likely been enough time to run everyone. The promoter has NOTHING to do with 6 hours of lost racing time due to cleaning up after irresponsible racers. He did the best he could with what he had to work with, and aside from a few whiners, had an extremely successful show where hundreds and hundreds of racers and fans had a GREAT time.

How exactly did you get screwed, btw? Because you missed out on the free food by your own decision? Because Glidden's one 4 second pass took up the time that no-box could have been racing? I think you would be whining just as much if no-box would have run one more round and you lost. Some people just whine, no matter what.

Oh, and in case you weren't sure, NSS stands for Nostalgic Super Stock, not Nostalgic Mopar Super Stock. It was announced months and months ago that for that particular class, brand x would be allowed. Did the 5 brand x cars in NSS screw your no box class? No, actually it was the Mopars that kept oiling the track down.

edit:

Err... just went back and checked the flyer. Box/ no box was free entry when you entered in another class... so how exactly did you get screwed?

Last edited by mark42202; 09/25/12 01:33 PM.
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310134
09/25/12 02:01 PM
09/25/12 02:01 PM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
Well of course it's my fault... I'm the promoter

It's ok. We decided early Friday to go around the pits and cause the 15 hours of oil downs caused by the dip shits who blew their cars up and then decided to drive right down the center of the groove.

I had to get classes done... So naturally the classes who paid an entry fee and planned on being done Saturday had to take priority. The nss the quick and the 10.5 cars became the priority.

After the first round there were still over 100 cars in the no box class and 30 in box... So I could get 1 more round of those cars in based on the schedule or I could try to finish the other classes.

The quick cars decided on their own they were not willing to race in the track any longer all though I disagreed with that call I respected it.

So we raced until midnight and down to the final 5 or so nss cars finished nss and completed 1 round of quick.

As for any bitchin about glidden making one test pass .... Stuff that up your as s. the track asked me of he could make one test pass. I agreed. He is local and supports the track and I would do it again. And for the remark about him putting forth an effort to make a Mopar that fast, he knows enough that the parts we have make that happen don't exist so if you consider your self an engine builder I would think yu would know that....

We intended to race until it was all done. Dew point and track temp made us racing until 3 am impossible I didn't want to cancel anything. It doesn't cost me anymore or less to race but at the rate we were going it was an impossible feat

Maybe we should all look at getting diapers and belly pans sober can get the racing in

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: joshking440] #1310135
09/25/12 02:24 PM
09/25/12 02:24 PM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
Quote:

It's ok. We decided early Friday to go around the pits and cause the 15 hours of oil downs caused by the dip shits who blew their cars up and then decided to drive right down the center of the groove.

I had to get classes done... So naturally the classes who paid an entry fee and planned on being done Saturday had to take priority. The nss the quick and the 10.5 cars became the priority.

After the first round there were still over 100 cars in the no box class and 30 in box... So I could get 1 more round of those cars in based on the schedule or I could try to finish the other classes.

The quick cars decided on their own they were not willing to race in the track any longer all though I disagreed with that call I respected it.

So we raced until midnight and down to the final 5 or so nss cars finished nss and completed 1 round of quick.

As for any bitchin about glidden making one test pass .... Stuff that up your as s. the track asked me of he could make one test pass. I agreed. He is local and supports the track and I would do it again. And for the remark about him putting forth an effort to make a Mopar that fast, he knows enough that the parts we have make that happen don't exist so if you consider your self an engine builder I would think yu would know that....

We intended to race until it was all done. Dew point and track temp made us racing until 3 am impossible I didn't want to cancel anything. It doesn't cost me anymore or less to race but at the rate we were going it was an impossible feat

Maybe we should all look at getting diapers and belly pans sober can get the racing in

I agree 100% with containment trays and or diapers to keep the oil downs to a minimun but here is the reason self centered people don't think of.If you have a containment tray or a diaper and you have a small oil leak the oil will be cought instead of spraying a light mist of oil on the track that is not detected for someone else with a 50,000 dollar car to drive threw and stuff it in to the wall distroying there car and maybe there life and the lives of there loved ones.

The misley 200.00 you spend on a diaper might save the life of someone other than your own tight a$$ self.

Thats the problem with the world today no one gives a $hit about the next guy.

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: julian2007] #1310136
09/25/12 02:47 PM
09/25/12 02:47 PM
KYbywayof WV
F
Frito Offline
top fuel
Frito  Offline
top fuel
F

KYbywayof WV
With all the oil downs there was just not enough time to run the "FREE RACE". I agree the trophy race and the free race should have been put on the back burner to let the real race cars race. Did you not hear the the PA announce that "ANY" first round winner of the free box/nobox race could recieve $$$$$$? Money for just a round win of a free entry race with probably over 150 cars in each. Tell me just one other promoter that will do that today... Thanks Josh

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: qwkmopardan] #1310137
09/25/12 02:52 PM
09/25/12 02:52 PM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
Quote:

As a matter of fact I did not go for the free food as I thought as soon as I walked up to the PARTY area for food they would make the call for no-box to the lanes. Once the box/no-Box race was canceled the food was gone.

And I'm damn sure going to whine when a promoter cancels just a couple classes because the racetrack could become un-safe. The race should have continued in the advertised order until it became un-safe. The order got shuffled around 7PM when they called 2nd round NSS and extreme 10.5 to the lanes, which ran their 1st round after no-box. That tells me the promoter knew at 7PM he was going to cancel no-box and box, and waited until 10PM to inform us. And then raced for 3 more hours with a chosen few.

If they canceled all the classes at 10PM I would have never whined a peep, but if I'm getting screwed, I'm going to squeel like a pig.

On Billy Glidden's pass, it only took a couple minutes and i enjoyed seeing it. Hell, maybe next MONSTER MOPAR WEEKEND they could get Cruz Pedregon to make a pass in his Toyota funny car.

Look buddy,No one set out to pi$$ All over your weekend when oil downs and weather are hitting you from every direction you have to make decisions on the fly to try to make the most people happy by trying to complete something.You can't have a "backup" plan in place for weather and oil downs because you don't know when and where they will happen.
Take some time calm down and think about it, give the guy a chance at the next show to show you how good it can be without mother nature sticking here nose in it,and hopefuly racers will get there heads out of there a$$es and put containment systems on there cars.

Hope to see you at Gateway stop in for a beer
Bruce

Btw no one complained at Gateway this year It didn't rain some people complained about indy last year it rained like poring pi$$ out of a boot.
Its funny how weather can change someones outlook on the day.

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: julian2007] #1310138
09/25/12 02:55 PM
09/25/12 02:55 PM
Indiana
B
BM70Dart Offline
BM70Dart  Offline
B

Indiana
Box and No-Box was not the priority, And I don't think it was to many of either one that kept oiling the track down we we not on the track long enough

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: BM70Dart] #1310139
09/25/12 03:09 PM
09/25/12 03:09 PM
SW Ohio
C
cgall Offline
top fuel
cgall  Offline
top fuel
C

SW Ohio
As I said on the "live from" thread, after the delays that occurred on Saturday, the window of opportunity was wide open on Sunday. At most of the 3-day bracket races out there now, there are no time runs on Sunday, and the few that still have them will immediately scrap them if there are any delays or cancellations from the previous two days.

If they could have run one more round of the gamblers Saturday and then announced it would be continued at 9:00 AM Sunday, then scrapped the BS exhibition runs that 50 people watched, the whole program could have been completed.

It came down to a matter of respect towards the bracket racers. Keep your money next year and have a $20 gambler, Norwalk gets 200 cars for theirs and they finish the show.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: cgall] #1310140
09/25/12 03:18 PM
09/25/12 03:18 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
EVERYBODY faster than 9.99 needs to get a diaper or pan and EVERYBODY ELSE needs to understand to pull over and stop to take a look if something is out of place on your run.

thx josh for giving me a place to race, meet new people and see so many nice cars. see you at the next one.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: bigtimeauto] #1310141
09/25/12 03:40 PM
09/25/12 03:40 PM
COLUMBUS, OH
W
Whompin_Wedge Offline
mopar
Whompin_Wedge  Offline
mopar
W

COLUMBUS, OH
I have to agree with Josh on the fact that the cancelled the FREE race. I do however agree with cgall, next year save the free race and run the 20 dollar gambler... it would weed out a few.

The weather and oil downs is part of racing though... granted more oil downs then expected, but still, its the end of the year... I do have a few questions though, is the track not set-up to clean up oil downs quickly? Were they under staffed? I only ask because it didnt take Norwalk nearly as long to clean up an oil down..

And maybe food for thought next year... dont have a time trial sunday morning. I like having that time trial but i understand if there are 430 cars and you are trying to get a program in.

Otherwise... I had a blast and am looking forward to next year!

Casey

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: julian2007] #1310142
09/25/12 04:12 PM
09/25/12 04:12 PM
North of Detroit
HemiDart68 Offline
master
HemiDart68  Offline
master

North of Detroit
Quote:

Quote:

I agree 100% with containment trays and or diapers to keep the oil downs to a minimun but here is the reason self centered people don't think of.If you have a containment tray or a diaper and you have a small oil leak the oil will be cought instead of spraying a light mist of oil on the track that is not detected for someone else with a 50,000 dollar car to drive threw and stuff it in to the wall distroying there car and maybe there life and the lives of there loved ones.

The misley 200.00 you spend on a diaper might save the life of someone other than your own tight a$$ self.

That may be an issue for some. However i still would like to know how to put a diaper on a car with a superstock legal stock front suspension in which the drag link passes through the oil pan?? if someone can show a good way to do this ill sign up and get one.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: cgall] #1310143
09/25/12 04:19 PM
09/25/12 04:19 PM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
Quote:

As I said on the "live from" thread, after the delays that occurred on Saturday, the window of opportunity was wide open on Sunday. At most of the 3-day bracket races out there now, there are no time runs on Sunday, and the few that still have them will immediately scrap them if there are any delays or cancellations from the previous two days.

If they could have run one more round of the gamblers Saturday and then announced it would be continued at 9:00 AM Sunday, then scrapped the BS exhibition runs that 50 people watched, the whole program could have been completed.

It came down to a matter of respect towards the bracket racers. Keep your money next year and have a $20 gambler, Norwalk gets 200 cars for theirs and they finish the show.

Well since I have the Norwalk race next year as well I may just do that.

The track had plenty of staff, were they slower than Norwalk. Maybe. I've never timed a full track clean up. And after the 10th one I'm sure people get tired.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about this. We made the best decision we could with the cards we were dealt. I won't beable to make everyone happy.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: HemiDart68] #1310144
09/25/12 04:20 PM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That may be an issue for some. However i still would like to know how to put a diaper on a car with a superstock legal stock front suspension in which the drag link passes through the oil pan?? if someone can show a good way to do this ill sign up and get one.

They call DRE or any other manufacturer an order one.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: HemiDart68] #1310145
Renton Washington
T
Triple Threat Offline
master
Triple Threat  Offline
master
T

Renton Washington
Quote:

Russler, DRE and probably any other diaper company can build you one with a pass through for the drag link. SFI or not, your choice.

-Dustin
67 Dart, 9 second, 392" G3 Hemi
68 Barracuda 340 F/SA
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: joshking440] #1310146
09/25/12 04:25 PM
09/25/12 04:25 PM
North of Detroit
HemiDart68 Offline
master
HemiDart68  Offline
master

North of Detroit
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They call DRE or any other manufacturer an order one.

Yea because a diaper with a draglink hole in the side will do an outstanding job of containing oil in the event of an engine explosion. It would just be a way to pass tech, i don't see it actually doing very much.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8