nc
E
earthmover Offline OP
top fuel
earthmover  Offline OP
top fuel
E

nc
just would like to ask you guys that are running 1 when you got the new button did you have to turn down the shaft part???the part that goes into the cam gear...in the process of putting mine tog. and the shaft part is about 13/14 th. to big..i just would like to make sure and ask and or go back and recheck things..thanks mike

Re: milodon gear drive cam buttom ??? [Re: earthmover] #1273994
07/25/12 09:36 PM
07/25/12 09:36 PM
Syracuse,NY
CompWedgeEngines Offline
master
CompWedgeEngines  Offline
master

Syracuse,NY
They drive in tight, but they go in. The new one should be about .385, and after you drive it in, and remove it later, its about .378 ish. Just make sure the cam plate is flat, and dont let the hammer " bounce" on the fiber button material. In other words, hit it " deadblow" solid, nice steady hits, it'll go right in. Just make sure to hit it square. There should be a recess on the pin of the button to assist starting it in the hib as well.
If its really .014 big, you can take a flat file or sandpaper on a solid board and sand it down a touch, but like I said, they usually go in tight.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.