06/30/12 02:53 PM
06/30/12 02:53 PM
Enfield, Ct
Moe Offline OP
enthusiast
Moe  Offline OP
enthusiast

Enfield, Ct
Can I use these on OE '68 Dart GTS seats after I remove the sliding track? In other words will I have the studs in place? Will the holes in the floor board line up w/ the Brackets.

Thanks!

Re: Repop SS HEMI Seat Brackets? Easy question [Re: Moe] #1259804
07/01/12 08:53 AM
07/01/12 08:53 AM
MI, Lapeer
M
maximus Offline
super stock
maximus  Offline
super stock
M

MI, Lapeer
I am not 100% sure in saying this, but in past experiences nothing will figure to be a bolt in replacement. The holes in the SS bracket I believe will be a little closer together than of the factory stock seat placement. The holes in the floor will be located differently because of the distance you need to be from the steering wheel due to your size and height. The stock is a bolt in sliding track whereas the SS brackets are stationary. This does not mean you cannot use the SS seat brackets. Certain simple mods will have to be made to make them work. Most importantly before buying the brackets check the length necessary between the holes or studs in the bottom of the seat with the length of the SS bracket you plan on buying. If the length of the bracket exceeds the distance of the mounting holes in the seat there should be no reason why you couldn't make the brackets work for your application. I hope this helps, if not send me a PM and I can assist you further.

Re: Repop SS HEMI Seat Brackets? Easy question [Re: maximus] #1259805
07/04/12 08:12 PM
07/04/12 08:12 PM
Enfield, Ct
Moe Offline OP
enthusiast
Moe  Offline OP
enthusiast

Enfield, Ct
What if the SS brackets are to high, too close or two far away from the wheel?

Re: Repop SS HEMI Seat Brackets? Easy question [Re: Moe] #1259806
07/04/12 08:54 PM
07/04/12 08:54 PM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.
The original S/S seats were fixed & the bases quite wide to accomodate mounting them on the floorpan where the end user thought best. The top of the bracket was comparitively narrow to allow the bracket to be bolted to the A-100 seat as the driver thought necessary. What this all meant was that the (infamously) "universal" seat bracket would require some fine tuning for the driver so there is no "right" ot "wrong" mounting save for insuring the seat is level & secure.
As to height-remember this was done during a time when rollbars & 'cages weren't always required so the brackets were made to work for the average person and the cars sent out for racers do with them as they saw & felt fit. I have pics of Ronnie Sox driving his car without so much as a rollbar. You can find the original specs for the brackets in the authentication guide for these cars & if necessary make your own proportionally smaller with a simple bender, hole-saws & welder.