09/20/08 11:17 PM
09/20/08 11:17 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I just changed my 70 Charger RT from front drum brakes to disc brakes. It's originally a power brake car. Now before I buy a master cylinder I want to get rid of the power brake booster. I don't think it's as simple as just taking off the booster and bolting up the master cylinder to the fire wall.
something doesn't match up. Do I need some type of adapter plate or no? Also I heard you just remove an adapter from the brake peal linkage, is this true or am I missing something?
Thanks all

If I go with the aluminum master cylinder I need both the adapter for manual brakes then the adapter for the new type master cylinder right?
also the rod for the pedal?
I understand I need a 1" bore master cylinder.
How do I know which master cylinder to ask for at the parts store?

Last edited by PurpleCharger RT; 09/21/08 11:55 AM.
Re: B-Body Changing from power brakes to manuel? #123801
09/21/08 12:09 AM
09/21/08 12:09 AM
Texas
amchale Offline
amchale  Offline

Texas
Not sure if you have to replace the piece on the fire wall, but you will definitely need a new pedal rod. I just sold a '70 booster with all the linkage on it, here is a pic for reference of what it looks like off the car. If you need an adapter will depend on which style master cylinder you go with, old style iron or one of the aluminum pieces. You might check over on the parts for sale board for an aluminum piece if you are going that route. I bought one from Rick Ehrenberg off there a while back for a good price, not sure if he still has some more. Good luck with the swap.