04/16/12 11:42 PM
04/16/12 11:42 PM
michigan
J
jbmopars Offline OP
jbmopars  Offline OP
J

michigan
I have a couple of questions that I could use some help with. I asked on for a bodies only and didn't get a single response. First, I need to buy a repop dash pad and have noticed several different distributors have them and quite a variation in prices. Could someone tell me who makes the nicest one and who sells it? Second, I also need to buy a repop cardboard headliner and notice that in the Yearone catalog it says that the fit is FAIR, can anyone tell me what they have experienced? Thanks in advance, Jody

Re: A couple of questions on a 72 Duster. [Re: jbmopars] #1217285
04/17/12 12:53 AM
04/17/12 12:53 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Hey... I also have a 72 Duster.
The headliners from Year One and a few other sources are actually plastic. They don't look factory correct, but they do look nice. The ones that I have seen come molded in gray. You'll have to paint it to match the color that you want.
For dash pads, Just Dashes, Herbs parts, BE &A, several others are out there. A local seat & upholstry shop may work as well. I've seen many guys take dash pads that are cracked but UNwarped and cover it with a cap. They look pretty good but will never win top honors at a national show. Good luck with the car!
Jeff

Re: A couple of questions on a 72 Duster. [Re: Jjs72D] #1217286
04/17/12 03:07 AM
04/17/12 03:07 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only

Here
Quote:

I've seen many guys take dash pads that are cracked but UNwarped and cover it with a cap. They look pretty good but will never win top honors at a national show. Good luck with the car!
Jeff

This is the least expensive route and can look decent under the right conditions.

I have a 70 so I opted for a reproduction solid molded pad since my original one was shot. They come molded in black but could be painted - I left mine bare as I was going with black carpet and seats with the rest original green. It won't pass a concourse grade, but no one else would know or care without really staring at it.

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome