I went wrecking yarding this morning at a couple of the Northern California Pick-N-Pull yards expecting to find a 1974 Plymouth Valiant in one of them.

I normally go looking for the A bodys to get brake and suspension parts off of them to clean up, rebuild, and resell.

This Valiant was an oddball car that i never knew was built this way, and looking at the door jam decal, it was built by Chrysler, Canada.

A 318 V8 car, that had 9 inch drum brakes on all 4, with the small 4 inch bolt pattern.

I thought all 73-76 A body cars with a V8 had disc brakes on them, and 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern.
Or if it was a 6 cylinder car, it would have 10 inch drum brakes, but still the small 4 inch bolt pattern.

Never heard of, or saw in person, a V8 car with the small 9 inch drum brakes on it, and the 4 inch bolt pattern.

Is this something that Chrysler, Canada was capable of building on the A body cars, back in the day?

If anyone told me before that they had a factory V8 car with 9 inch drum brakes on it, i would have told them "no you didn't.

Guess now that i have seen one in person, i guess Ma Mopar was capable of doing something like this.

Sure was a stripped down, bare bones, nothing special at all, Valiant.

Any comments, especially from Canadain members, about such stripped down vehicles being produced, up North.

Thank's
Jim V.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany