Ottawa, ontario
D
dd340 Offline OP
super stock
dd340  Offline OP
super stock
D

Ottawa, ontario
Looking for opinions on swapping the front drums on my 69 dart GTS to disc's. RIght now I have the standard 10" drums but I will be converting over discs this year. I have a front end from a '72 abody, including upper and lower control arms, spindles, sway bars, wheels. The whole front frame rails were cut out when it was parted out. Of course everything has been off the road for a while but seems to be in pretty good shape. My question is, should I use this or should I go with a new aftermarket kit. I would think it would be cheaper to use the '72.
Do I need to change the upper and lower control arms for this swap?
ANy suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Aftermarket or '72 abody disk brake swap [Re: dd340] #1170083
02/01/12 03:50 PM
02/01/12 03:50 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Quote:

Looking for opinions on swapping the front drums on my 69 dart GTS to disc's. RIght now I have the standard 10" drums but I will be converting over discs this year. I have a front end from a '72 abody, including upper and lower control arms, spindles, sway bars, wheels. The whole front frame rails were cut out when it was parted out. Of course everything has been off the road for a while but seems to be in pretty good shape. My question is, should I use this or should I go with a new aftermarket kit. I would think it would be cheaper to use the '72.
Do I need to change the upper and lower control arms for this swap?
ANy suggestions are appreciated.

1972 was the last year(in U.S. produce cars anyways, not sure about other factorys )that the A bodys used the four piston Kelsey Hayes calipers, smae as 1967 to 1972 You will need to change the spindle, I would proablly swap the spindles, upper A arms, lower control arms and possibly the strut arms. Look at each piece individully and use the best ones you have Don't forget to swap out the master cylinder for a disc brake master cylinder

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)