12/11/11 04:43 PM
12/11/11 04:43 PM
Las Vegas NV
moparmanjames Offline OP
pro stock
moparmanjames  Offline OP
pro stock

Las Vegas NV
I notice that they don't have needle bearings, is it a bad idea to use them with a .700" lift cam?
Also, they are 1.6 ratio so it will be a little more stress as well.

Thanks

Re: Big Block Crane Gold rockers and roller cams [Re: moparmanjames] #1131810
12/11/11 06:09 PM
12/11/11 06:09 PM
Rock Springs
Bob_Coomer Offline
master
Bob_Coomer  Offline
master

Rock Springs
They dont seem to be popular with the Mopar crowd, probably for a reason...
Chevy guys run them all the time.
You really didnt say much about the cam, other than .700 lift.
Is this a solid flat tappet with moderate 3025-350pen pressure? Or a solid or hyd roller with 500+ lbs of open pressure? Big diff between the two.
I assume its a roller of sorts, cause there isnt too many .700 lift fat tappets, although I had a custom Bullet racing cam from Ray Barton for a Hemi I built.
I would avoid the higher spring pressures that are required with a roller cam utilizing those rocker arms.
I still like and recommend the Isky/Crane Ductile rocker arms for mild flat tappet cams for adjustable valve train. They just last for years and years.
If you have a roller, I consider the Harland Sharp rockers for a entry level engine with moderate spring pressures..
One thing I have learned over the years is, there is places to skimp, or save money on a performance engine, but the valve train isnt one of them.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]
Re: Big Block Crane Gold rockers and roller cams [Re: Bob_Coomer] #1131811
12/11/11 07:32 PM
12/11/11 07:32 PM
Las Vegas NV
moparmanjames Offline OP
pro stock
pro stock

Las Vegas NV
Quote:

Is this a solid flat tappet with moderate 3025-350pen pressure? Or a solid or hyd roller with 500+ lbs of open pressure? Big diff between the two.
I assume its a roller of sorts, cause there isnt too many .700 lift fat tappets, although I had a custom Bullet racing cam from Ray Barton for a Hemi I built.
I would avoid the higher spring pressures that are required with a roller cam utilizing those rocker arms.
I still like and recommend the Isky/Crane Ductile rocker arms for mild flat tappet cams for adjustable valve train. They just last for years and years.
If you have a roller, I consider the Harland Sharp rockers for a entry level engine with moderate spring pressures..
One thing I have learned over the years is, there is places to skimp, or save money on a performance engine, but the valve train isnt one of them.

It's a solid roller with .705" lift with the 1.6's, I've already decided I need to buy some 1.6 Harland sharps. I bought these Cranes a while back and wanted some extra lift but I don't think I'll chance it.
Thanks for the input.

Re: Big Block Crane Gold rockers and roller cams [Re: moparmanjames] #1131812
12/12/11 12:46 AM
12/12/11 12:46 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Quote:

Quote:

It's a solid roller with .705" lift with the 1.6's, I've already decided I need to buy some 1.6 Harland sharps. I bought these Cranes a while back and wanted some extra lift but I don't think I'll chance it.
Thanks for the input.

My Harland Sharps. both sets, 1.5 and 1.6 , check out at the retainer to be more ratio than advertised My 1.5, a very old set, are actually 1.54 at the retainers and the 1.6 are also 1.65 at the retainers Check yours first with checking springs before setting the valve springs up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Big Block Crane Gold rockers and roller cams [Re: Cab_Burge] #1131813
12/12/11 01:58 AM
12/12/11 01:58 AM
Bellevue, NE
C
Charger453 Offline
super stock
Charger453  Offline
super stock
C

Bellevue, NE
Here's what they did with a .640 lift solid roller.

6962895-crane.jpg (145 downloads)
Re: Big Block Crane Gold rockers and roller cams [Re: Cab_Burge] #1131814
12/12/11 11:11 AM
12/12/11 11:11 AM
Las Vegas NV
moparmanjames Offline OP
pro stock
pro stock

Las Vegas NV
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

My Harland Sharps. both sets, 1.5 and 1.6 , check out at the retainer to be more ratio than advertised My 1.5, a very old set, are actually 1.54 at the retainers and the 1.6 are also 1.65 at the retainers Check yours first with checking springs before setting the valve springs up

Thanks, will do.