Got the engine back in my car last night, as I was installing the shifter linkage (4 Speed) I noticed the tail shaft on the trans was not in the center of the driveshaft loop but was about 1/2" or so to the passenger side. The only thing I changed in the equation was the motor mounts and I put the stock bellhousing back on (Lakewood previous). The trans mount was not the hard to get on as I left the urethane bushing on the trans and installed the crossmember. I did have to slide the mount to the rear a smidgen to get the large bolt in but other than that it went in fine, My question is: After 40 years behind a 4 speed< is it possible the ears on the crossmember have moved over that far, they don't look bent but I know the stock mount is a lot more forgiving and may not cause this problem. Motor mounts appear to be installed right and the bolts went right in (kinda) and there is really no side to side adjustment on the trans crossmember And yes I am sure the bellhousing is flush with the block and the trans is flush with the bellhousing.

Paul Reber