Westbury, NY
C
cowbay Offline
enthusiast
cowbay  Offline
enthusiast
C

Westbury, NY
We have made the deal with the devil with China. They blatantly rip off and copy all products. There was a story not to long ago where they have counterfeit Apple stores where you would think you are going inot the real store. The said part is we have traded for quality well made items that will last for cheap poorly made material.

"Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, and nitro is for racing!" original author unknown, used by Gene Adams and Don Garlits among others
Re: Counterfeit MSD 6AL's! Warning!! [Re: Sinitro] #1067193
09/29/11 03:20 PM
09/29/11 03:20 PM
San Angelo, Texas, U.S.A.
1968RR Offline
top fuel
1968RR  Offline
top fuel

San Angelo, Texas, U.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why buy a knock-off box, when you can get a complete distributor including the module inside..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Procomp-7...f1#ht_556wt_941

Next they took the electronic insides and put it in box..
Total low quality junk!!!
Stay far & kleer..

Just my $0.02..

We have that Procomp Dizzy in my Son's truck 360....It's fine for an everyday driver.....but I wouldn't recommend one for a race application.....IMO the quality sucks, but hey it's cheap....you get what you pay for......well at least most of the time

Rickster

My only comments are..
1. Where do you get a new cap or rotor or pickup when it blows out on a Sunday cruise.
2. Be sure to have your AAA and towing benefits up to date, you will need it.

As pappy always said..
If its too cheap, it is a POS..

Just my $0.02..

I used a ProComp distributor (it was actually made in Australia) that I bought from 440 Source (a LONG time ago) for a while. It was fine for a couple of years and then the electronics went bad. I tried to buy internals, but you can't buy individual components. When I tried to take it apart, I found that you CANNOT remove the rotor to get to the electronics or make any adjustments. I don't think that 440 Source sells them anymore (they told me over the phone that they never have, but I have reciepts...), but the ProComp distributors are complete junk.
I replaced mine with a Summit dsitributor (made by Mallory) and a 6AL box and I've never looked back.

"When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying if I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me." - Mookie Wilson
Re: Counterfeit MSD 6AL's! Warning!! [Re: DAYCLONA] #1067194
10/01/11 01:42 AM
10/01/11 01:42 AM
Albany, NY
M
MOPARJONZ Offline
MOPARJONZ  Offline
M

Albany, NY
Umm, I don't think this photo is exactly "what it should look like". . . The mosfet/igfet scr or whatever kind of power semiconductor they use, in the bottom right corner is apparently blown and has burned the printed circuit board. This one doesn't work anymore . . . . .

Re: Counterfeit MSD 6AL's! Warning!! [Re: 1968RR] #1067195
10/01/11 06:39 PM
10/01/11 06:39 PM
So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why buy a knock-off box, when you can get a complete distributor including the module inside..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Procomp-7...f1#ht_556wt_941

Next they took the electronic insides and put it in box..
Total low quality junk!!!
Stay far & kleer..

Just my $0.02..

We have that Procomp Dizzy in my Son's truck 360....It's fine for an everyday driver.....but I wouldn't recommend one for a race application.....IMO the quality sucks, but hey it's cheap....you get what you pay for......well at least most of the time

Rickster

My only comments are..
1. Where do you get a new cap or rotor or pickup when it blows out on a Sunday cruise.
2. Be sure to have your AAA and towing benefits up to date, you will need it.

As pappy always said..
If its too cheap, it is a POS..

Just my $0.02..

I used a ProComp distributor (it was actually made in Australia) that I bought from 440 Source (a LONG time ago) for a while. It was fine for a couple of years and then the electronics went bad. I tried to buy internals, but you can't buy individual components. When I tried to take it apart, I found that you CANNOT remove the rotor to get to the electronics or make any adjustments. I don't think that 440 Source sells them anymore (they told me over the phone that they never have, but I have reciepts...), but the ProComp distributors are complete junk.
I replaced mine with a Summit dsitributor (made by Mallory) and a 6AL box and I've never looked back.

Building a cheap unreliable product is one thing..
As eventually people will learn to avoid the brand..
The major gripe I have with ProComp is that they rip off various trademarks and when the buyers start complaining they just move away..
However in today's down economy many people are still trying to save a $ and buy cheap..

Do a search on ProComp...
And one will find multiple incidents where ProComp has been served with Cease & Desist orders..

IMHO.. Stay kleer..

Just my $0.02...

Re: Counterfeit MSD 6AL's! Warning!! [Re: @#$%&*!] #1067196
10/12/11 12:51 PM
10/12/11 12:51 PM
State of Fascism
52savoy Offline
master
52savoy  Offline
master

State of Fascism
Quote:

Quote:

If this country doesn't do something soon our home baked apple pie will be coming from China.

Just like those US Flag lapel pins a certain political party used to wear to prove they were more patriotic than anybody else, until it was pointed out they were made in China.

END "Free" Trade, where we send them jobs and they send us garbage, mostly under contract with the biggest US corporations. It was corporate America that changed all the rules to make this possible and those same people who're doing everything they can to prevent reform.

I thought those flag pins came from Burma??

http://www.metaphoria.us/FlagPatriotism/Flag_Patriotism.html

Cheer up!! I've seen 2 different interviews with COE's that say they are moving operations back to the U.S. of A because of quality issues that won't go away.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4