Johnson City, TN
H
Haney Offline OP
enthusiast
Haney  Offline OP
enthusiast
H

Johnson City, TN
I have picked up a tick back near number 7 that I am almost certain is a header gasket blown out. I checked and all the header bolts were loose and I could see some black carbon around that port. The tick changed when I tightend the bolts but is still there and more intermitten... Anyway, I need to change the gasket. I bought this car so I have no idea what is in there now, but I am assuming it is the ones that came with the Doug's Headers. I have the following questions:

1. What are the best gaskets to use with the aluminum E-heads and Doug's headers?
2. What bolts would you recommend?
3. What should I torgue the bolts to on the aluminum E-heads? Do I need to use sealant or thread lubricant?
4. Are the bolts in the water jacket on the e-heads?

Thanks in advance....

'69 Barracuda 340 4-speed
'73 Cuda PROJECT
Re: Header Gaskets for 440, e-heads and doug's headers???? [Re: Haney] #1054654
08/17/11 02:39 PM
08/17/11 02:39 PM
Niles , Ohio
T
therocks Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
therocks  Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
T

Niles , Ohio
I run studs in my Stealths which are pretty much the same head.I only have bolts where the studs dont fit.The holes are dry same as Eddys.I run Mr Gasket Ultra Seals.Been on 4 years and still sealed.We run the Ultras on all our cars and no leaks even reused them a few times.I use antisieze on the threads going into the heads.Mine never come loose even running street/strip even when I ran all bolts.Rocky

Chrysler Firepower