04/28/04 03:44 PM
enfield, CT
ViperDave Offline
master
ViperDave  Offline
master

enfield, CT
Tangy Ribs

boneless or bone-in pork ribs (amt matters not)
BBQ suace (a few bottles, cheap ones usually work best)
Italian Dressing (a few bottles, once again cheap)

Par boil the ribs. Place in crockpot with enough BBQ and italian to cover the whole thing. Allow to simmer for multiple hours, the longer the better. Meat is as tender and flaky as can be. Don't burn it. Uusually served with a white sauce noodle.

67 Dart GT Vert 273/904
72 Town & Country 440/727
90 D350 reg cab dually cummins
15 Scat Pack Challenger
Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: ViperDave] #10459
04/28/04 04:05 PM
04/28/04 04:05 PM
The Wet Coast, Canada
megajoltman Offline
master
megajoltman  Offline
master

The Wet Coast, Canada
Thanks DG I put it in the wrong thread

1969 Dart 383/727/D60

CTD Ram 4x4 Mega Cab

Procharged 350Z
Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: megajoltman] #10460
04/28/04 08:04 PM
04/28/04 08:04 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
I have one that I made up years ago.
1 big tri-tip roast into 1 zip lock freezer bag add 1/3 cup dark red wine, 1/3 cup soy sauce and 1/3 cup ketsup 1/3 tsp garlic powder 1/3 tsp fresh ground black pepper and 1/3 tsp chile powder (I like cayenne best, but hot!). Let marinate in fridge for 3-4 hours then on counter for an hour or so. Light a charcoal bbq (I use a webber clone) using a stack full of charcoal, when glowing good (the coals!) put a foil drip pan on 1/2 the grill and spread coals on the other half. With the grill hot sear the meat over the coals for a couple minutes a side then place it over the foil, keep the bottom vents most of the way open and the top vent all the way open close the lid and have a couple beers (or more) don't peek let cook for 45 minutes (more if large, less if small one) then remove, let it set for about 10-15 minutes then slice cross grain on a slant. Great w/ bbq onions.
Since you asked: Chicken Oregeno. Get a new bag and put 1/2'd chicken in it with some chopped parsely and oregeno (a couple tsp each fresh is best) 1/3 cup of olive oil juice of a big lemon a clove of garlic, some salt and fresh ground balck pepper. Let it marinade for 5-8 hours turn bag several times then cook on a similarly prepared grille, BUT sear only on the cut side, then place skin side down and place over the foil and put a couple spoonfools of marinade in the cavities. Bottom vents same as above, top vent just a little more closed.(I am going to have to cook some of this soon, my mouth is watering!) Let it cook for about an hour, you can check once when nearly done and add more sauce, check a leg to see how much more time. Remove and let it cool five minutes.
Not proofe read, but I think you can get it from the above.
sr

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: srt] #10461
04/28/04 10:29 PM
04/28/04 10:29 PM
N.E.Ohio
P
Polarabill Offline
top fuel
Polarabill  Offline
top fuel
P

N.E.Ohio
Polarabill's breakfast cassarolle; basic ingredients
    8-10 eggs
  • 2cups milk
  • 10-12 slices of bread Additional items to taste; 1# bulk sausage,browned. 1# bacon browned
  • 1# ham,cooked
  • 1# cheddar cheese,grated
  • 1# mozzerella cheese,grated
Pre heat oven to 350. Grease or Pam a 9x13 glass baking dish. Crumble bread into pan(I use Rye, Italian and oatmeal breads)Mix eggs and milk and pour over the bread. Now you can add other ingredients to suit your taste. I like to layer the meats then cover with cheese. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour covered with foil and 1/2 hour uncovered. Serves 8-12 and is great microwaved the next day.

This would be so much easier if I knew what I was doing...
Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: Polarabill] #10462
04/28/04 10:41 PM
04/28/04 10:41 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

i posted this in the wrong thread so here it is again.

Fried Soup

Ingredents:
1 pounds bacon. any kind. i prefer the ends and pieces type. its cheaper.

2 16 oz cans of diced or stewed tomatoes. a quart of home canned tomatoes can be used if your lucky enough to have them around.

2 large onions. white, purple, or yellow is fine. i prefer the white ones. around here large onions weigh about 1 pound each.

2 tbs of chili powder. brand dosent matter.

2 cloves of fresh garlic. smashed. 1/2 tsp of garlic powder can be substituted. i prefer fresh.

salt, black pepper, and sugar to taste.

How to Prepare
cut the bacon the apx 1" x 1" pieces. cook quickly in a large skillet until done but still soft. remove from heat and wash the fat off of the bacon in the sink with water. yes wash it in the sink in a collander just like you would spaggetti. use hot water so you dont stop up your sink. then let it cool. cut your onions in 3/8" to 1/2" slices and seperate the rings. it looks like a lot but onion cooks down to about 20% of its original volumm. now put the skillit back on the burner and let it just barely begin to sizzle. add the crushed garlic or powder and onions. place a lid over it. open it frequently and stir. usually takes about 5 minutes or less for the onions to cook down. once they do, add the chili powder. 2 tbs is actually just for reference. some people like more and some like less. use your own judgment there. once it begins cooking pour in the tomatoes. add the salt and pepper. the sugar is optional. i dont use it. i gave you that option because some people dont like the sour "twang" some tomatoes have. the sugar usually helps that. i like the "twang". guess thats the Texan in me. once it is all in, stir until it begins to simmer. then lower your heat and cover. it usually takes about 15 minutes for it to finnish cooking. i know it sounds strange to fry a soup, but i been eating it most of my life and my kids love it. i hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed shareing it with yall.

note: this recipe serves about 8 people. the ingredents can be fractioned and it will still cook and prepare the same.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: Polarabill] #10463
04/28/04 10:44 PM
04/28/04 10:44 PM
N.E.Ohio
P
Polarabill Offline
top fuel
Polarabill  Offline
top fuel
P

N.E.Ohio
Mexican Dip:
  • 1# ground beef, browned & drained
  • !# bulk hot sausage,browned& drained
  • 1# Cream cheese
  • 2 cans Hormel chile with out beans
  • Mexicaln style Velveeta cheese(hot)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease or Pam a 9x13 baking dish(I use throw away type) Spread cream cheese evenly in bottom of pan. Warm chile in pan on stove adding ground beef and sausage. Spread over cream cheese. Slice Velveeta and completely cover chile mix. Bake uncovered 1/2 hour or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with tortilla chips.

This would be so much easier if I knew what I was doing...
Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread #10464
04/28/04 11:02 PM
04/28/04 11:02 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

one nice thing about my cooking is it won't give you diarreha, thats cause you wouldn't eat it! neighbors dog likes it though .

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th #10465
04/29/04 01:50 AM
04/29/04 01:50 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

one nice thing about my cooking is it won't give you diarreha, thats cause you wouldn't eat it! neighbors dog likes it though .

Hey Gator..... whatcha' doing this Sunday? Hmmmmmmm?

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th #10466
04/29/04 09:44 AM
04/29/04 09:44 AM
Mt Evelyn , Vic Australia
dartcharger Offline
Virgin Fluff
dartcharger  Offline
Virgin Fluff

Here's a chicken cassarole that was shown to me as a microwave dish.
But i dont like microwave's for anything else but reheating so i turned it back into an oven dish.

INGREADIANCE (spellcheck)

3 chicken breast's
2 can's of vedgetable soup
2 table spoons of BBQ seasoning
8-10 potatoe's
Shredded mozzarella cheeze

Peel and cook potatoe's ready for mashing while cooking chicken with BBQ seasoning.
When both are cooked shred chicken with a fork while holding with tong's (the chicken should look like long stringy bit's that can be easy to seperate.
Put both cans of vedgetable soup in cassarole dish with shredded chicken.
Spread mash potatoe's over the top (should be about 1/2 of an inch thick.)
Spread mozzarella chesse over the top & then scrape left over BBQ seasoning out of pan & drip over the top randemly.
Cook in oven @ 200 degrease celciuse until cheese goe's lightly brown.

Side note: DONT USE CHICKEN & VEG SOUP IN THIS DISH AS THE ARTIFICAIL CHICKEN flaver will spoil it. ask me how i know.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th [Re: dartcharger] #10467
04/29/04 10:50 AM
04/29/04 10:50 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Keep those recipes coming. I get hungry everytime I see this thread.

Okay, here is my mother in laws recipe for chicken caserole.
It's such a great comfort food that it's no wonder my husband gets all giddy when I make it. This caserole merges juicy fried chicken breast with brocolli and cheese.

Moms Southern Fried Chicken Caserole

5 or 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 large cans of Campbells cream of chicken soup
2 boxes of frozen brocolli
16 oz sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
Salt
Pepper
Fresh bread crumbs (enough to cover the caserole)
Flour (enough to make a batter)
Milk (enough to make a batter)
1 egg
Cooking oil

In a medium sized bowl mix your flour egg and milk together.
In another bowl put your dry flour along with some salt and pepper.

Dip chicken breast inside the milk and egg mixture then into the flour mixture.

Place each coated chicken breast inside your frying pan with heated cooking oil and check chicken until done and no longer pink inside. Be sure to flip chicken so your batter doesn't burn or stick to your pan.

Place cooked chicken breast on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Set aside and allow chicken breast to cool.

In a large pyrex caserole dish or rectangular glass cooking dish spread your un-thawded pakages of brocolli on the bottom of the dish.

Go back to your cooled chicken and cut off any hard pieces of batter (you can eat that like I do while I'm cooking)

Cut chicken into small pieces and layer on top of your brocolli in your dish.

Open up your cans of cream of chicken soup and spread evenly on top of the brocolli and chicken.

Open up your shreeded sharp cheddar and layer on top of the chicken, brocolli, and soup.

In a food processor or chopped take a few slices of bread and make fine bread crumbs.

Sprinkle bread crumbs over entire dish until the cheese is fully covered.

Cover the top with aluminum foil and place in a pre-heated 425 degree over and bake for 45 minutes then remove aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden brown.

Serve immediately.

This dish is great with corn, green beans, or mashed potatoes. I like to serve califlower with melted cheeze wiz sauce with it too.

Enjoy!

Cooks note:
You can use baked chicken instead of fried to cut down on some carbs. It's still wonderful but just isn't quite the same as the fried chicken.

This will be family favorite even if your kids don't like brocolli.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th #10468
04/29/04 11:50 AM
04/29/04 11:50 AM
dartcharger Offline
Virgin Fluff
dartcharger  Offline
Virgin Fluff

O.K here's another of the top of my head.
8-9 sausages pan fried to your liking.
1/2 can of diced tomatoe's fried untill there mushy but not burnt. (low heat)
Add onion's,mushroom's,sliced capsican& snow pea's at the last minute to keep them as fresh as.
Vedgateble's should be half cooked and coverd in tomatoe paste to keep them as fresh as possible.
Oh yer nearly forgot 3 squirts of tabasco pepper sauce

Last edited by dartcharger; 04/30/04 05:48 AM.
Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th [Re: dartcharger] #10469
04/29/04 01:52 PM
04/29/04 01:52 PM
Minnesota
3twos Offline
master
3twos  Offline
master

Minnesota
OK, I'm going to give out one of Al's secret recipes, hope he won't mind. All of Al's recipes are in his head and he makes them up as he goes.

This is a favorite that the kids and I request for all our special occasions, birthdays, etc. I wrote this down last time he made it, in the unlikely event I might ever try cooking myself.

Al's Famous Chicken Alfredo

3 stalks sliced celery
3 TBSP butter
3 slices onion, cut up
1 jar Alfredo sauce
2 cups baby carrots, halved
1 red bell pepper, chunked
3/4 jar milk

Cook celery and onion in butter until translucent. Add Alfredo sauce and 3/4 jar of milk. Add carrots, and red pepper. Cook just till bubbling then turn WAAAAY down, cover and stir often. Simmer maybe 1 or 1-1/2 hours until veggies are tender and flavors are blended. I have seen him add a bit of beer as he's cooking, not too much!

Yum, yum. Serve with grilled or broiled chicken breasts and of course fettuccine noodles. Hope someone tries this, it's REALLY good. ~Sheila

Al & Sheila
Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th [Re: 3twos] #10470
04/29/04 01:57 PM
04/29/04 01:57 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Shiela, I'm going to try this over the weekend. I'll let you know how we liked it but it sounds WONDERFUL.

Thanks!
DG

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th #10471
04/29/04 02:24 PM
04/29/04 02:24 PM
Minnesota
3twos Offline
master
3twos  Offline
master

Minnesota
For sure, if you like fettuccine alfredo you won't be disappointed... Now I'm thinking about what a great cook/chef/BBQ'r Al is! Sounds like a lot of people cook the way Al does (without written recipes) or he'll start w/a recipe and change it.

Take a look at these ribs. I know he soaks woodchips and he's adding them in the picture, but I don't know the secret seasoning (he sometimes calls it "magic powder" ha! ha!) and then there is his homemade BBQ sauce which is out of this world!~S

865030-ribs.JPG (91 downloads)

Al & Sheila
Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th [Re: 3twos] #10472
04/29/04 08:32 PM
04/29/04 08:32 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I think I've seen some magic powder before but I never saw it put on the grill before.

Come on guys. You cook almost every day and night. You must have some more recipes that you are hiding.

Don't be stingy!

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: ViperDave] #10473
04/29/04 10:29 PM
04/29/04 10:29 PM
Moncton, New Brunswick
hemidart1 Offline
top fuel
hemidart1  Offline
top fuel

Moncton, New Brunswick
How about this Mexican dish:
"Tequilla Corn Soup", it makes a nice appetizer before some red meat!

6 cups chicken broth
3 cobs of sweet corn or peaches and cream corn
3 tomatoes
1 shot of tequilla
juice from 2 fresh limes
handfull of CILANTRO
salt/white pepper

First bring the chicken broth to a boil, then add the corn you have just cut off the cob. Boil for 5 minutes, add the tomatoes that you have just peeled and de-seeded. Cook for one minute, then add the shot of tequilla,lime juice, coriander and salt and white pepper. Remove from heat. When you plate (or bowl) it, add a bit more CILANTRO on top and serve.
Serve with a cold Corona or margarita!

Enjoy
Al.

Last edited by hemidart1; 05/07/04 03:28 PM.

1967 Hemi GTX
1969 Chrysler 300
Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: hemidart1] #10474
04/30/04 12:53 AM
04/30/04 12:53 AM
Red Deer, Alberta
B
bill_greenwood Offline
top fuel
bill_greenwood  Offline
top fuel
B

Red Deer, Alberta
Wild Bill's Easy Chicken Stir Fry.

Start by pouring yourself a glass of your favorite white wine. Then get a cup and a half of rice cooking.

Break a broccoli tree (or two) into bite size pieces. Slice or chop three celery stalks into the size you like. Three good sized carrots, slice thin. I like to toss in about a cupful of fresh bean sprouts. Chop or thinly slice half an onion, your choice. You should have a three quart bowl filled with veggies. Pour some Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing over the veggies and let marinate while you cut up the chicken.

Cut four medium boneless chicken breasts into pieces the size of the end of your thumb.

Pour a couple of spoonfuls of olive oil into the wok. Add a squirt of lemon juice, a splash of
soy sauce, a good sprinkle of garlic powder, a good sprinkle of Mrs. Dash, and some of your onion. Another splash of Italian dressing. Some teriyaki sauce works if added, as well. Turn heat on high and saute the chicken until done. Dump in the veggies, add another sprinkle of garlic powder(NOT garlic salt)and onion powder. Keep the heat at max and stir the mixture up good. I usually add a few more splashes of soy sauce while cooking. When the veggies are done- just hot all the way thru, but still crunchy- toss in about half a cup of chow mein noodles. Stir for another minute. By now, the rice will be done. Serve right from the wok, steaming hot. Refill your wine, and your guests wine, and eat.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th #10475
05/06/04 08:46 PM
05/06/04 08:46 PM
Candler, NC
Roughrdr Offline
master
Roughrdr  Offline
master

Candler, NC
Louisiana Gumbo

• 3/4 cup Flour
  • 1 cup cooking oil
  • 4-6 cups Water
  • 1 big onion
  • 1/2 cup green oniona
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley
  • 1 tbsp salt, black pepper, red pepper
  • 5 lbs shrimp cleaned and deveined
  • 1 dozen blue crabs

Start the oil on low flame mixing the flour making sure the flour doesn't form lumps. Once all the flour is in use a hot fire (high heat) Stirring constantly. Bring flour to a dark brown, do not burn or let it lump.When flour is brown add onion (finely chopped) After 2 minutes add water and all ingrefients except meat.

Let boil for 1/2 hour then add meat. boil 15 minutes more.

Serve over rice or bread, like a soup.

Chains of habit - too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken
Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th [Re: Roughrdr] #10476
05/07/04 11:29 AM
05/07/04 11:29 AM
Candler, NC
Roughrdr Offline
master
Roughrdr  Offline
master

Candler, NC
Chicken Continental

• 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken Diced
  • 1 can (4oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 can (13.75oz) chicken broth
  • 9-10 oz french cut green beens
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp basil leaves
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups minute rice

Saute chicken, mushrooms & garlic in oil 2-3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except rice and bring to full boil. Stir in rice, remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.

Makes roughly 4 servings

*Note....Chicken can be prepared earlier in day or day before. We boil it, then when its cooked we cut it up into bite size pieces while at the same time de-boning it.

Chains of habit - too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken
Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th [Re: Roughrdr] #10477
05/07/04 12:33 PM
05/07/04 12:33 PM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
Ok, I dont eat meat so you can add some if you want. This is what I eat pretty much everyday for lunch at work:

Black Beans

-4 cups black beans
-2 cups of some other beans (pinto, magic, whatever)
-1 smallish can of chipolte peppers in adobe sauce
-1 can adobe sauce
-some type of oil (i use olive)
-1 large onion
-lots of fresh minced garlic
-cumin
-Jalpenos or other hot peppers
-Some typ of Corn
-Bell Peppers
-A six pack of good beer

Step 1: Get out the largest stock pot that you own and start heating up some oil in the bottom. Crack a beer.

Step 2: Chop up all ingredients sans beans, place in stock pot with hot oil and mix it up with the spices and garlic. You may want to wear some type of protection (I use my full-face sheild from the shop) because things may spatter. You may now crack another beer.

Step 3: Crack a beer and let the mixture of goodness and oil saute' in the pan for a while, or until the kitchen smokes up. Crack another beer.

Step 4: Rinse dry beans and make sure there are no rocks or bugs in them (I have found both). Insert a five or six (maybe seven) cups of water into the stock pot and then ad said rinsed/inspected beans. Mix 'em up real well. Consume beer as neccesary.

Step 5: Hang around the stove and make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot and that you have enough water to submerge the mixture of beans and goodness. At this point, you should be half in the bag, depending on your body weight. When the stuff has been boiling for a while, turn it down to a simmer.

Step 6: Open a bottle of wine, take nap. About four or five hours from now the beans should be good and tender or whatever you like. Its a good idea to check the water level now and then; the dry beans soak up lots of moisture and goodness.

Step 7: Wake up from nap, consume one large glass of cold water. The beans should be ready to eat and depending on how much water you added they will be submerged in delicious bean-gravy.

Serve with wine (that you opened a while back to let breath), hot tortillas, rice, etc. The left-overs (all 5 lbs.) make great dips when other things are added to them. You can cut this recipe to a 1/16th of the above specs and cook it in a coffee pot, put be prepared to buy more beer.

Any Questions?

2tons

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4