Quote:

If its pinging then yes it will help with that. But if it runs fine and no ping just putting race gas in will do nothing. It will allow you to make adjustments to get more power such as advancing the timing but just putting race gas in the tank will not give it more power. You would have to make adjustments but when you go back to pump you will have to change it back. And in cold weather race gas is much harder to start the car on. Ron

best answer so far! and I didn't know high octane was hard to start in cold weather.

If anything, you want the lowest octane the engine will run on without pinging for maximum performance. Octane has a cooling effect in the combustion chamber, and for maximum hp I think you want the chamber as hot as possible without pinging. If I'm correct (), more octane than the engine needs could actually lower your HP.

Last edited by GO_Fish; 05/20/11 10:35 PM.

Scott B. "I'm a self-made man... I started with nothing, and I still have most of it!" 68 360 rusty B'cuda 'vert (GO Fish)13.59@ 98.72 mph 69 340 GTS stock 14.18@ 95.60 mph 01 5.9L Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 01 3.5L 300M 16.23@ 86.97 mph