i do it on the dakota and full size, anytime i need to work on the back side of the motor. i lift the hood open, and get a board to hold the front up, in the center. i get a couple of towels, and fold them, and place one under each rear corner of the hood across the cowl, to the hinge, and fender. use a sharpie, and trace around the hinge where it bolts to hood. loosen all bolts. remove one side completely, and hold the hood, and after the last bolt comes out, guide it onto the towel, so it sits on the corner of the hood. (you folded the towel, so it's protected) repeat for other side. hood is now free, and supported by board up front. lift hood from board, and grab it where it's easiest for you to balance, and lift it off, and place it wherever.

to reinstall, place some folded towels on cowl, at hinge and cover fenders. lay a board of proper length on the rad support. lift hood into position, and lay it in the closed position on the vehicle. once in position, lift the front, and insert the board when it's high enough to hold hood open, in proper position. working either side, install one bolt, and screw it about halfway in. switch sides, and install all bolts on hood, make them hand tight. go to first side and finish installing. align hood with marks,and tighten. finish other side. close carefully, and check clearances. have fun!!

"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"