Quote:

Quote:

Not only did I install my GTS hood by myself, I did it with one arm tied behind my back,,, well almost. My right arm was in a sling, I had recently had rotator cuff surgery.

I attached a block n tackle to the rafters, attached it to the hood latch on the front of the hood. Hoisted it up off the ground and tied it off.
Then I took 2 motorcycle type tie down straps and attached them to the rafters about where the back of the hood would be. I hooked them on the back edge of the hood and raised them alternately back and forth till I had the hood hanging flat about eye level.
Then I drove the car under the hood, started lowering the straps on the back of the hood till I had the hood at the correct angle to bolt to the hinges. Adjusted the straps a little more, then lined up the holes and bolted it on.
Once it was bolted on tight I removed the straps and the block n tackle.
I got the alignment fairly close, at least so I could close and latch the hood. But I did have to wait a few months to do the final alignment cause I couldn't figure out how to do that part with one arm.

Amazing hood! Where did you get it from? Did it come with the inserts?

Its an AMD reproduction hood. I got it from a member here, JSBROWN, or Jeff Brown. He sells AMD sheet metal and other stuff and was near where I live. Good guy, easy deal and I wasn't in a hurry so he waited till he had another local order and shipped them together, saved me half the shipping cost.
And No it didn't come with the inserts. They are repo's too, got them off ebay from classic industries.(straight from china), but the look real nice.