Quote:

EDITED FOR CLARITY

No offset hexes, but there is an "R" and "L" forged into the back of the bar. The OEM .925ish 440 bars that came out had exactly 1/2 flat of rotation, 30°.

Now to be clear, I'm talking about an S bend along the length of the bar, not a twist of one hex to the other... If it's OK, then I'll install it, otherwise today I'm driving 70 miles down to Hotchkis and dropping $400 on a set from them.

67Charger -

Are you sure the bar is actually curving? Those bars are tapered in the center which might give the appearence of a bend.

We would suggest calling the company from which you purchased the bars. We've never seen a curve in any of the bars we've used (our own or Firm Feel's) so we would suggest you have it checked out.

Just as a bit of Torsion Bar info for the rest of you if you're interested, most of the new high performance bars are not offset like the factory bars. The hexes are identically lined up which is better for lowered cars.

Stock Mopar bars have a 30 degree offset. This offset is what sets up the "preload" and suspension geometry. But that's for a stock spring rate.

Stiffer bars will not twist as much with the load of the car on them, so the ride height and geometry won't be right if they had the same offset. We've seen this problem with 1.16 bars on a challenger, you actually run out of suspension adjustment before the ride height is back down to normal. You need a lot less than the stock 30 degree offset.

Install new bars the way you normally would. The lower control arms will end up lining up with less angle on them. But that won't reduce your physical travel, since the bar will not twist as much under load. The stiffer bars will reduce the effective travel though, they just won't twist as much. So you can actually lower the car more (reducing the physical travel available) since you won't be using that travel.

1.03 bars will give a much more "modern" feel to the handling of your car. New cars run much higher spring rates than our old mopars, which were seriously under sprung in stock form. But it's important to match parts, you'll want to upgrade the shocks to handle the new larger bars.

Hope this helps.