Hi guys,
first off thanks for all of the advice I've received from you all in the past. It's been a while since I've visited, been healing from a knee replacement I had a few months ago. Was able to pass the physical last week to get licensed again to drive my 63 Dodge. And of course I've forgotten most of what I knew and I don't know much
so here goes.
We had our spring opener last weekend Saturday was a shake down for most, I have 3 Mopars to try and keep rolling down the track this year to complicate things that much more.
My car the 63 Dodge {wt 3550} with a 572 cu in 820 hp running a torque flight with trans brake and dana 60 with 4.56 gears. I've never felt the car was running like it should, this weekend while at the track after some jetting the carb to 101 squared burning c14 fuel in the 15:1 engine with Indy heads. we had our best et to date.
6.27 @ 109.49 mhp @ the 1/8 mile track the car repeated the et and mph several times. 60 ft best 1.392 1.411 1.438 as the day warmed.
The car is launching and making good passes in the 1/8 IMO but am now at 7250 at the end of the 1/8 The first time I recalled the peak RPM from the Biondo box I though something was wrong so rest the tach and made the 2nd pass, same thing.
the car is in 3 gear before the finish line shifting @ 6700 rpm. launching with trans brake and throttle enhancer trans brake chip 4200 and throttle @ around 2500 with the Biondo box in mode one to control the launch, this has been working very good for me.
OK what gear are you with close to the same car using for rear axle ratio and is the pro gear the one's to use?
Thanks for any help.