Quote:

Quote:

might be pistons..not sure they are ross pistons. I checked the valve cover clearance and it looks good. I gets a tad quieter as it warms up. I also checked the pushrods and all seem clear and I don't have any "blueing" of the cups.

How longs the build been together. I cracked a piston once didnt know it except the motor clatter like a MOTHER on 1 cylinder. Dont think thats at all but just a story. Did you build it or someone else build your engine? Really could just be how your phone/camera picks up sound but if it gets better with warming up it probably a clearance/expansion of some type. Can you hear it in the cab?

Got it from an e-bay member fresh rebuild. Some parts are used...pistons and some of the rockers. It has maybe 20 minutes of run-time and 10 street miles on it. No when the hood is on and you are in the car you cannot hear it. Camera made it sound a tad louder than it really is. I have used a stethoscope on both sides, under intake, on header tubes and they all sound about the same thru the steth...drivers seem a tad louder by ear.