you may also want to look into the elastomeric panel dampening sheets from mcmaster carr. ive used this on MANY installs and interior redos. no smell, great adhesion to a clean surface, moderate weight, and wonderful performance.

for example, i just got done dpoing my extended cab chevy work truck. used about 150 sq. feet for all the panels. one thing you will notice is how much more sold everything seems. also, a good piece of advice: do the outside shell of the car (like the back sided of the doors an quarters) and then the inside where your interior panel goes. cover the holes when installing.

another step i use on top of the adhesive sound deadening is foil backed jute.

the jute will soak up a lot more of the road noise than the sounddeadening alone, and provide thermal barrier qualities. again, you dont have to cover it all, but firewall, roof, floors, and backseat/trunk wall are the perfect spots. recently tried thermozite, as it was cheap, and it worked very well.

i have done this process to my duster and all my dailys, and the results have been nothing short of fantastic.

Michael

Michael Crawford CSP 1970 plymouth Duster back under construction: http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.ph...ouring-makeover 1964 el camino beater shop truck 96403-project-drivabeater-2-0-64-el-camino-this-time