Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, you guys might laugh but I've been re-searching this stuff lately and I found on a "Rat Rod" web site that alot of people were complaining about the price of the Dynamat and Fat Mat and the others. One guy said he went to Lowe's and bought what they call "PEAL AND SEAL". Its used for house roof's and has the foil back on it just like the others. A roll is 4in's X 25ft and is $16.00! Its Super sticky and is about .035 thick. Im going to try it and see if it works.

I've heard about something similar... but I thought people said it reeked of asphalt on hot days?

If it doesn't stink, it seems like it would be a great cheap solution.

The stuff I used was foil on two sides of bubble wrap. There was no asphalt involved and did not smell like anything but bubble wrap vinyl.
Craig

I used the same stuff on my car from a home center designed to insulate, which I think it does really well.

But it can not dampen sound like something like dynamat because of the heavy material that dynamat is made of. imo dynamat needs to be 100% stuck to absorb sound and vibration which is kinda hard to do with the foil wrapped bubble pad. It helps a lot, don't get me wrong, just not as much as something like dynamat. The foil wrapped bubble pad is a cheap alternative which is really easy to work with.
I used 3M spray adhesive which held it great.

I am looking for something more like dynamat for inside some truck doors and maybe the firewall to help dampen road noise.

These got glued in.

These got got laid in on the floor, not glued incase I ever wanted them out, helps. Did not go crazy with it everywhere.