Quote:

Finally got a quote from ECS today. There is about a $500 difference. Is it really that much different?

Hi everyone. My name is Charlie Vahey and I am the Glass manager for Ecs. I have spoke to many of you but I thought I should sign on here to provide an answer to some of the questions being asked. I emailed you earlier today Alan and I was sure I covered this information with you in conversations we had in the past over the phone. Tom B. told me about the discussion going on here so I thought it best if I answered your questions.

Our glass is custom fabricated with the DOT codes marked on the edges of the glass. They are placed under the trim in an area that cannot be seen once the glass is installed. If it is placed in an area that is above the trim line I have to buff those DOT marks off. Every piece of glass is inspected when it arrives and is lightly buffed to make sure that the surfaces are clean and free of any scratches. I then have to make up custom logo images for the front, rear and side glass which also include the date codes specified by my Customer. This is done with a photo-negative developing process that takes about a half hour for each logo. It can take about 5-6 hours just to etch a complete set of glass. After the etching is finished the area is neutralized and inspected for clarity. I then finish buffing the glass before it is given a final inspection and packaged for shipment. Unlike the competition that uses generic incorrect logos on every piece of their glass, our glass is given custom treatment from the moment it arrives and until it leaves. I believe the glass you get from the other vendors has one logo they use for all pieces and it does not include a date code. One logo fits all. That stands out like a sore thumb. The front, back and side glass all had different and distinct identifying logos and date codes. We even supplied the dated glass for one of the guys that helped develop the Amd glass line. What does that tell you when the competition uses us for their personal cars? You are comparing apples to oranges when you ask why ours is more expensive.

If you want glass with no logos then we can sell our sets for considerably less. Most people don't use us for plain glass because they know we can make it look just like the glass that originally came in their car. If you don't care about the original look, then our glass is not the way to go.

Charles