Quote:

If those are original Max Wedge heads in good shape then sell them to someone who needs them. Take the money and buy some reproduction heads or better yet, aluminum heads with closed chambers. Then you can run pump gas and the engine will work better. You should be able to get enough money from the original MW heads to finance the parts you need.

Very good advise. Real Max Wedge heads can bring good money as many race classes say you need the right heads and many will pay good money. As Andy said sell them and get a pair of new aluminum heads (EDDY , STEALTH , INDY) that will perform better and weigh less. Unless you are building it and have to use original heads this is the best advise. You can run more comp with aluminum heads just to start. Then if you really want to run pump have a good eng builder find out how you want to use the car and have them spec out the build. I myself am building an eng right now for my 63 Sport Fury. It will be a pump gas stroker with Indy EZ aluminum heads. Ron