Quote:

Side moldings on Cudas are SO ugly. They just destroy the natural flow of the body lines. My car had them originally.

Asking for people's opinions on your car yields distorted results. The answers they give are what they'd like to SEE on someone else's car. After looking at these cars for so many years, sure, its neat to see differently equipped cars... but there's a reason some options are rarely seen... they're ugly! I can't stand it when people talk like high impact colors and shaker hoods are SO boring... No they're not! If you take a step back from the "too close" vantage point, they are STILL AWESOME.

My vote is the hockey stripe. Because yes, hockey stripes are STILL COOL! Side moldings suck.

Steve,

Interesting post. I think you're right; many of us that have attended a million car shows get jaded by seeing all the rare, hi impact, shaker equipped muscle and actually enjoy seeing something oddball like /6's, 318's, whitewalls and body side mouldings.....I'm certainly guilty of it. BUT I also try to always remember when I look at a Hemi, 6 pack or LS6 that these cars are very rare and SPECIAL despite them being the subject of 90% of the magazine articles.

People advise a guy to leave his /6 car a /6 car because you don't see them very often, but I wonder if that's because THEY don't own it or have to drive it. I applaud those that do restore their stock low performance rides as it really IS interesting......but I don't necessarly want to own or drive one myself.

I suppose it's like doctors and nurses; it's hard to believe they don't get upset by some of the things they see, but when they see the same stuff day in and day out, the mind's response is to make it mundane to some degree.

I hear what you're saying and agree........though I find myself lusting after a set of original wheels, full wheel covers and whitewalls for my 'Bee......not sure I could leave them on often though!

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]