To the best of my knowledge. This both backwards and innaccurate. The 1407 is a manual choke version that is set up a little richer out of the box. The 1411 has an electric choke and is set up a little leaner. Niether is "Permanantly" leaned out. The jets, rods, and springs can be set up in either carb however you like.

Backwards, yes. Sorry about that...lol
I referenced the website and read the picture wrong.
But, in terms of the leaner... I had both to look at and the "leaner" is not metering rods and jets, but the emulsion bleeds and non-tunable passages that make them leaner. The reason they say not to use them on higher performance engines (well, with RPM or Torker II intakes) is because you can't simply swop rods, jets, or springs and properly richen the entire system. They come with leaner tuning parts in them to work with the other non-adjustable circuits that are calibrated leaner.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.