Something I typed out years ago that explains my dislike for Holley EFI... I bought one back in the late 90's after reading a couple magazine articles about what a great system it was... I knew it wasn't the trickest but it had to be better than a carb... Anyway ...

I ran a Holley Pro jection DFI system, it ran great....Sometimes...It had no memory capabilities, so the only way to find a problem was to be watching the laptop when it screwed up...If it were a hard fault, no problem, but intermittent problems weren't so easy...The first time I fired it up it had a failed injector...replaced TB assy under warranty...Next a intermittent air charge sensor, it was quicker to just buy one, only $50.00, running pretty good, took a road trip to LA, lost a MAP sensor about 15 miles from home, luckily it made the other 600 or so miles...Running good again, drove it most of the summer, not as consistent as the carter carb but way cooler to be able to pop the hood & say "Yeah its Injected"... Another road trip, Sacramento, on the way there I start getting a surge, about 40 miles from home the surge starts feeling worse, I pull off the freeway & the car dies...Call AAA & tow it home...Lost a fuel pump, leaned out & cracked a manifold...As it turns out the exhaust wound up fighting me for three years after that till I got both the warpt flanges & the other manifold replaced as well...You know the carter runs really consistent I think FI is a good thing, I just feel Holley did a cheap half-a$$ job of it & used the cheapest components that the bean-counter in charge of purchasing could find...

"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers."