Quote:

I recollect Hemi Joel putting the hurt on that GSX Buick ...that was too cool...

Thanks for remembering that MoparMal! That was the begining of February, and the start of a very memorable Mopar/Moparts year for me. The shootout was arrainged by Hot Teams Racing courtesy of Moparts Member John Botdorf.

Shortly after that the April issue of Mopar Muscle ran a feature on my GTX thanks to Moparts Member Randy Bolig.

Then in May I ran at the FAST race at Martin Michigan and finally got to meet Moparts Legend Unlawfl, ran a new personal best of 11.46, and made it to the all Mopar, all Hemi, all Moparts member final round! (Me vs Dudek)

For my June Mopar fix, it was Mopars in the Park, meeting several Moparts Members, seeing tons of cool Mopes, and meeting Miss Car Craft Summer Nationals.

Next the August issue of PopRod came out with a feature on my GTX, Plus at the July FAST race I finally broke the 125mph barrier, setting a FAST record at 125.6

Then in August I traded my old 66 Caddy for a 67 Sattelite convert, and had a fun trip to California to do the swap, spending a day at the incredible Pomona Swap meet while I was in town.
And I got to help tote a very special engine around, the Moparts Enginemasters entry; meeting Members QuickD100 and 1E2C in the process.

For September I made it to my 1st Chrysler Classic at Norwalk, and got to meet the whole Moparts Michigan Maniac bunch, and witnessed Unlawfl throw a donut 30' in the air and catch it in his mouth.

In October, besides meeting all the usual Moparts suspects at the Brisol Bash and then some, I followed up on a lead from Moparts Member 1E2C, and rescued a forgotten Hemi car. (it was posted on the board here as well as he told me about it when we met) It was a 67 Hemi 4speed GTX in a farmyard in North Dakota, it had been there for many years. Thanks 1E2C!

In November, Thanks to an informative post on Moparts, I contacted Chrysler historical regarding the IBM card build records on my cars, and found out that my RO23 car is the original "HurriCaine" NHRA SuperStock car! Then my My GTX somehow managed to pick up 3rd place in the Moparts online car show. (thanks)

Now for December my seach for a nosalgic hot rod to use my 392 Hemi in has finaly come to a conclusion with the purchase of a 31 Plymouth Coupe project.
Quite a memorable year!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"