I've had a few questions on the wheels lately, so I'll try to get out in front of any more.
The front tires, 275-40-18, sometimes rub on one occasion: When I am backing up, wheels turned and I roll off of a street curb the outer edge sometimes contacts the outer fender lip. The insides also rub, but against a flat spot of the framerail. No problem there. The rear tires are 295-45-18. They cleared fine until I lowered the car 1 1/2", then the outer edge rubbed the outer wheelhouse during bumps, but not bad. It was still enough to keep me from putting people in the back seat. I could have modified the wheels. The wheel company would have removed the wheel centers and pressed them into new "hoops". I dont remember the price but it was cheaper to have the 8 3/4" axle narrowed by 3/4" per side.
My advice to anyone that wants to fit the widest custom wheel in their car is to mount up a bare rim and start taking measurements. See where you can "add" width as compared to where the bare wheel sits. Thats what I did.

6557270-IMG_2758.JPG (43 downloads)