Quote:

Cruise was N/A with manual trans or multi carb..

Also not available with Hemi

That said, I've seen cruise on an auto trans Cuda with a Hemi installed. The cruise throttle cable is Very close to hitting the valve cover. (owner may have bent the bracket a little for clearance) Also, you can't use the long Hemi power brake booster with the cruise. They take up the same space under the hood.

Also, After adding cruise to my 'Cuda, I also added a six pack. I'm not sure why the factory didn't want cruise with multi carb. I didn't have to do anything special to install mine, and it works like a dream.

On a Barracuda, the cruise wiring goes through the same spot on the firewall that was used for the 4 speed reverse dash light wire. For some reason I don't understand, Challengers seem to have used the spot that was used for road lamp wiring on 'Cudas. Both cars use the same cruise wiring harness, so it's odd to me that it would go through different spots on the firewall. I haven't seen cruise installed on a manual trans E body, but my cousin has cruise on his manual trans 2003 Mach 1 Mustang.

I'd be interested in learning more about which firewall holes were used for cruise on the other members cars here. Is it as I described?

Here's a picture for reference, so that we're all talking about the same holes.

(NOTE: in 71 the grommet for the 4 speed reverse dash light wire got smaller. Does anyone know if the cruise wiring grommet also got smaller, or did it stay the same as in 70.)

Tav