Quote:

Oh yea, maybe I should add to my post and say that all I have up front is the radiator. no more AC, no PS cooler, no automatic trans cooler, etc.

if you keep the A/C, and have all that other stuff infront of the radiator adding restrictions to the airflow...you might need a bigger fan/mechanical fan...but I think you'll be ok.

again, on the newer gen IIIs they have a mechanical fan AND an electric fan on them (why, I don't know!!) and a lot of guys remove the mechanical fan completely, leaving just the little 10" e-fan, and with the A/C on, and all that other stuff infront of the radiator, the truck still stays cool in hot summer traffic while blowing cold A/C.

which tells me that you'll be fine no matter what you do!

Yep, all that stuff is bye bye. No a/c, LA serpentine system from march. no PS cooler. And the trans cooler will not go through the radiator anymore. All that EFI junk among other things took out a lot of weight too.

I am going to do a mechanical flex fan. I was going to use an e-fan, but some of them are complete amp hogs. mechanical flex fan ought to work good.

I did a lot of looking around today. Found some really nice radiators and they make some really cool ways of mounting them without screwing them up.

I'll let you know what I did.
Looks like you can get a really nice radiator way better than factory for as low as 100 bucks in all aluminum. And one that is overkill for around 200 bucks.

Lots on summit and jegs that are universal with mount kits. Ebay too.