Dave and Jim:
Nice info. Keep it coming.

I now have a problem with my O/2 sensor. It only reads 14.6 on my A/F gauge. This just started two nights ago when I started the car. It just quit taking the readings. It does not fluctuate at all with the accel pedal now, and it just reads the 14.6.

Last night, I checked the voltages at the gauge electrical connector and it showed (engine off, key @ RUN position):
Blue: 12v (12v ignition switched)
White: 0 (or 12v when lights are turned on, light source)
Black: 0 (ground)
Green: 2.5v (analog output)
Brown: 12v (12v constant battery)

I asked in another thread, what can make an O2 sensor go bad and the answers did not apply to my setup. So I am assuming that I might have a bad sensor already after just eight test drives and a few start ups. I am going to get under the carpet to make sure that the sensor has not come disconnected and I will also check the wiring as it comes thru the rubber boot in my floor pan.

Note: Rich says that a 14.6 reading usually shows the O2 sensor is not hooked up or the O2 heater has gone bad. He gave me a test to run to see if the problem is in the sensor. I will check back when I know more.

Can Autozone test an O2 sensor "off of the car"? If so, then I will take the sensor in to them to check it out. UPDATE: My local store said that they can not test O2 sensors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by YO7_A66; 05/19/11 12:41 PM.