Quote:

Quote:

My 02 is always richer in burnout. I believe its from the acc. pump when I hit it to get em spinning, or if you feather it while spinning, the nozzles are squirting right?
Possibly smaller squirters and hotter plugs.
Don

Excellent point Don. I have the data logger set to start logging at 3500 rpm, so it starts when the car is in the burnout. The A/F is in the 10.1-10.3 range while the car is the water box. So the Carb is at part throttle (squirters do work) and is being feathered to keep the rpm about 6000 rpm or so. Once the car is staged, on the trans brake, throttle blades are wide open (so accel pumps are done), and the throttle stop (plate type under the carb) is holding the rpm at about 4100 on the T-brake. The A/F is a little leaner here, but still very rich. So I am hoping the mid speed bleed with help here and down track until TS opens up.

What is your A/F ratio when you are doing your burnout Don?

Charlie.

Charlie

My AFR with LM2 in the burnout is 10.3 avg.
It's about the same as yours.
I have seen in the past when I needed to richen the down track run, the burnout was plenty rich!
This why I think it's the acc. pump richening the burnout, I know I use the pedal to keep rpm where I want it.
I use a 2 step so I don't pay attention to AFR on the tbrake, the miss will lie to me.
I don't have a miss or anything when I let go of the button. Don

6478900-cordova.jpg (56 downloads)