Quote:

Quote:

Welding inverted , overhead , you need to use a FLUX core wire , no gas , that's why you are having problems with that weld , that type Hobart is a marginal machine at best, we have one at work , it bites.

so no welding with gun below weld on gas?

Just curious what would be a good one at $450-500 range on 120v? My old man has a 220v bigger brother to mine and you can tell it MUCH hotter but I like the portableness and the fact I only have 120v in garage.

You want to find a machine that has a VARIABLE adjustment for BOTH the wire speed and the Voltage/Current. I have a 120v Lincoln that I got when the 120v machines first came on the market, it's head and shoulders above that Hobart. It has variable adjustments on both and it comes in handy especially when you are dealing with metal that is a little thin after you have ground off the rust. I bought it in the early 90's and it was over $500 then , it wasn't too long after that the POS big box store units came out with the 4 position volt/ current switch so they would meet the cheapy price point.