Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I run 9 x 28 M/T's with tubes on an 8 inch rim with 18 lbs of air. They aren't screwed to the rims. Been doing this for the past 6 seasons without any issues. The tubes keep the tire stiffer at launch and all the way down the track.

yep I agree with Monte, don't matter how many passes or years you have been doing it you are taking a huge risk for yourself and the car in the other lane. I would refuse to race you.

Find the spot in the rule book that states

Car must run tubes

car must have screws in rims

You goofs still doing dry hops too ?

don't care what it says in the rule book, I will not risk running somebody with tubes and no screws. it's crazy

Then you better go thru tech with everyones car and also, you better check their drivetrain to see if there is a failure going to happen soon there too

Good lord

whatever,most of the guys I race with knows better than to do stupid things like that.

Know better than what ? To disagree with you ?

You really think, if NHRA thought for a 2nd after 60 years that you needed screws, they would not have that in the rule book ?

here it is, if you dont think it's dangerous to have tubes in a wheel with nothing to prevent them from shearing off the valve stem somethingb is wrong with you I don't need nhra or anybody else to tell me it's dangerous. I have seen it happen, lucky the tire went down in the pits not on the track at speed.