If your using a factory Chrysler point type dist, (not a Prestolite) go with the Ignitor II set up pn# PNX 91381A and use the Flame thrower II coil they offer it in black or Chrome, epoxy filled is the prefered coil pn# for black epoxy coil is pn# PNX 45111,.....the factory coils don't offer the same ohm rating or turn ratio that the Flame Thrower II's offer, the factory coil will actually diminish the HallCell out put, and shorten it's life,...I do recommend you lose the ballast resistor,...it's a weak link not needed, there's no mods to the dist. it's a pure bolt in deal,....you'll gain an extra wire from the dist, black to neg side of the coil, red to positive side of the coil,...just confirm that your IGNITION lead from the bulkhead going to the coil (usually blue) is on the positive side of the coil,...when you get your kit, DO NOT remove the green tape from the magnetic pick up, it's there for a reason, if you want to keep the ballst for "looks", gut it out, and solder in a #10 wire inside it,...installing the Petronix in car, will rephase the timing +/- anywhere from 5-15 degrees BTDC or ATDC, so the car may not start at first, so reset/check timing, some do's/don'ts, do not run soild core plug wires, it will destroy the HallCell, don't leave the ignition key on in the IGN. mode for more than 20-30 seconds without the engine running, as it will destroy the HallCell, if you need to trouble shoot the vehicle in ignition key mode, remove the red lead from the coil, do not install the Petronix kit on a well worn dist, purchase a new/rebuilt/or rebuild the shaft bushings, no not set the air gap of the HallCell with anything metal, use the PLASTIC feeler gage supplied in the kit (.040 IIRC) run a good COPPER terminal dist cap, not an aluminum terminal, I'd also recommend the Petronix Flame thrower black 7mm plug wires.....you'll find that Bosch Platnium plugs (single or multi tips) are the hot set-up for the Petronix (the same plugs that the factory MP/ electronic Ign or MSD can't fire, never mind run)...follow these tips, you'll be rewarded with a faster starting system, hot or cold, no ignition break up in the 6000 RPM range, no more carbon tracking in the cap, no more pitted rotors,

I installed the first of many Petronix kits back in 1990, I've yet to have/experience a failure, you'll find that plug/cap/rotor changes are extremely few and far between