Car looks great and you're doing a fabulous job. I love the color; the wheels not so much, but they're easy to change!

I guess I'd say that posting resto pics on here isn't for the thin skinned! Make it known whether you want constructive criticism or not. Are your trying to make the car look semi correct and want advice or are you making a hotrod (which is fine) and prefer to do it your way.

Unless you are Dave W (ECS), then your resto is just like everyone else's: an attempt to replicate a factory look.......with the exception noted some get closer than others but ALL have some detail that is less than perfect so you certainly shouldn't get discouraged.

The pic someone posted previously is good info. If you are trying for a factory(ish) look, some of the common mistakes on I see on many cars are;

- trunk painted wrong (usually black or splatter paint ala GM)
- trunk and floor plugs not cut or installed
- black engine bays
- black hood hinges
- no wheel well undercoating
- body color inspection plates
- body colored upper control arm bolts/nuts/washers
- no rad support blackout
- painted or incorrectly finished hood and trunk latches and springs
- incorrect fasteners (lots of decent kits available to stop you from having to use hardware store variety bolts, screws, etc.)
- battery trays not painted body color
- master cylinders and/or boosters finished incorrectly
- ugly 3spd wiper motors.
- parts store rad cap
- gear hose clamps
- generic battery

....and of course many others but those ones stick out to me.

Good luck with the build and as I said; car looks fabulous. There is a link to my Superbee resto in my signature; take a look and feel free to critique away! There are some mistakes I made before I knew better and there are some purposely done for a variety of reasons.

Ultimately, there are lots of knowledgeable and helpful guys here, so when you want to know something, just ask.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]