Thanks for the input!

Yeah, the car stereo thing is right on. They cut holes for the speakers in the kick panels and, even worse, in the hatchback carpeted area. I'll eventually remove them, as I'll probably just put a cheap non-functional thumbwheel in the dash to fill the hole...once I get a new dash bezel that isn't hacked in half for a CD player. Stupid!

The Autometer tach that came with the car was mounted on top of the dash...they poked out a hole in the factory dash speaker grille metal to shove the wires through the factory speaker, then drilled 3 holes in the dash metal for a flimsy piece of steel. The only wire that wasn't loose was the tach lead to the MSD box, and it was poked through a small hole that had been drilled in the firewall with no protection for the wire. And there was an empty hole with a grommet an inch away. Go figure! Anyway, I'm mounting the tach and a matching speedo in the large holes in the instrument cluster, so I'll have to do something to fix the carnage.

With the proper wire terminals, I think I can replace the hacked up wires between the steering column coupler and the fusebox fairly easily. I'll need a new bulkhead (both sides), bulkhead terminals, and will probably go ahead and do the headlight relay upgrade and eliminate the amp guage while I'm in there. Might as well go for it and wire it up for a Toyota alternator while I'm at it, too.

A replacement harness would probably be kind of useless with all the intended changes, MSD box, replacing all factory guages with aftermarket mechanical guages, etc.

Looks like I'll be busy for a while...