Quote:

A flywheel balanced to factory specs should be as good as the factory job. Rick E/Mopar Action published the specs and DIY instructions some time ago. I know I couldn't find the back issue.

How about a JY or used OE Magnum wheel?

I have no problem with a used OE magnum flywheel--infact, I THINK that will be perfect...since I want the 130 tooth ring gear for the starter, and as long as it meets the bolt pattern on my clutch! I already have a centerforce dual friction clutch for my TKO trans with the 26 spline disc, the disc and pressure plate together are kit number DF148552, which is an 11" clutch.

I have no idea what the factory clutches were behind the magnum engines. the perfect solution could possibly be to balance my current Hayes flywheel that's on the big block, which is an internal balance flywheel right now.

the other problem with OE stuff from a junkyard or Ebay etc. is that 95% of all the 5.9L Magnums came with automatics!

the end goal here is a 90% stock 5.9L magnum with a carb and electronic ignition, headers, and a Hughes magnum whiplash cam, so "as good as factory" is good enough, this thing isn't going to be spinning any more than 5500-6000 rpm

**Photobucket sucks**