Thanks guys! I messed with it more last night. I ended up dropping $25 on a junkyard coil pack and it didn’t make any difference. I can swap it out for another one though just to be sure that pack is also not bad. I then got my brothers 2000 Neon to swap plug wires with. His wires were too short to fit on the ’95 but the ’95 wires fit on his car so I tried that and his car ran fine with those wires. They are aftermarket wires though. I’ve seen some commits that people have used a longer plug wire on cylinder #2 and that has stopped mis-fires for some people so I’ll try that this weekend.

The guy I bought it from says he was a mechanic and is now a shop manager. He got the car and was driving it around when the water pump broke causing all heck to break loose and the valves getting bent. He took it apart and put on a re-built head along with all the other parts you replace while doing that. He said the car ran fine and he drove it for another 8 weeks before his wife decided to get a new car so then he took her old car and didn’t need the Neon anymore so he decided to sell it. After placing the ad he realized the car had not been started for about a month so he went to drive it and it had the mis-fire in it. He decided to drop the price and just sell it. Maybe I should have mentioned the entire story to start off with but I really thought it was the coil pack or plug wires. It could still be the plug wires I guess. I am trusting that he is telling the truth and he drove the car after it was back together. I live in a fairly small town and he is also from town and he said I can contact him with questions if I have trouble getting it running good. So I hate to think he scammed me but who knows. I’m worried he may have lied and after getting it together maybe realized he put the timing belt on wrong and it’s off a tooth and he really has not driven it since he got it back together. I’m not sure how bad it would run in the timing belt is off a tooth. You can drive down the road but it doesn’t have much power and cuts out the entire time. It will idle ok but once you get on the gas it starts to mis-fire. I just know I can’t keep paying $70 a week in gas for my truck and I don’t have money to throw this car away and get another one so I really need to get this one running somehow.

Thanks for the help and any more ideas you might have after hearing the whole story.