Hey guys,

I just dropped the old full of rust tank from the 73 today and had a couple questions.

I noticed the tank had 4 vents on it with lines that just go right to some kind of block right above the tank. I didn't look hard, but it looks like they go just to that and thats it. is that right?

From the sending unit it I have one line that comes out and goes up front. 5/16 it seems (original 318 car) and the connector for the gauge I am assuming and then a ground strap.

I thought there was a return as well? or am I confused?

I am quite sure if there was any kind of emissions type stuff on this car it is long gone as my dad used to race street/strip this car in the 80's when I was in high school.

anyway, I am making this car a driver in every sense. Not a show car. It is for my son to use as well. So I don't care about anything other than a working gauge and fuel getting up front.

so can I just get the replacment tank, hook up the 4 vents back to those old lines, put in a new fill tube grommet and ride? ofcourse run new fuel line up front.

if I am going to run new line up front I should probably get a sender with a 3/8 pickup right? this car will see either a 440 or possibly a 493 in about 6 months. there is no difference in the senders other than the line size right?

I attached a pic of the car just because it is finally getting somewhere. promised this to be ready for my sons high school graduation as the last time it was on the road was my graduation in 88, but I am a little behind as he is in college now. LOL

Thanks guys and sorry this was so long.

Sender is measuring 74.4 ohms empty and if I flip the tank over it reads 7.5 ohms full. I was told 10-73. Do I have to tweek it or will this work?

Last edited by RonP; 01/10/11 10:22 PM.