Yes, thats my next stop, the Mopar Action race. Hopefully this event turns into what Englishtown used to be. This will be a good test to see if Englishtowns downfall is the times or the tracks fault. Maple Grove is certainly doing there part to try and promote it! And I hope some of the West Coast gang shows after all they are putting up the money. Hopefully they'll come and try and take it!

I want to take a good look at everything and try to change the pumpkin and try to calm it off the line and lower the trap rpm a couple hundred rpm. It was leaving so hard on Friday that it was unloading the tire on the wheelie bar and spinning slightly. After raising the bar a little each pass it finally hooked and went the 9.36. And the trap rpm is still a little higher than should be, so I'll be at the Grove in test mode in the Stock/SS eliminator. And to watch the AH Shootout!

And Dragula, I thought I was pushing it hoping for the Best appearing and round 1 win but I needed a goal and Bucky did do a great job on the paint. I was constantly tweaking the thing every pass and it appeared once it hooked it would run a high thirty even in that air. I am just glad I left the center sections at home as I probably would have tried changing that saturday night. I was constantly tweaking it which made it even harder to dial Sunday morning.

I really would have liked to take it out and test before, but the weather wouldn't co-operate, and believe me I am very happy the way things worked out. The racepak is really my best friend as all that data tells you facts. That and the timeslip. A few key peolpe with a ton of experience around me doesn't hurt either!

Again a big thumbs up to Mike B. who gave me the power, Kurt at Prostart who gave me an excellent chassis that is a work of art and my long time buddy & crew chief, SS racer Mark Osterbye. Thats what this whole thread is about, thanking the people that help me out. Without them my pockets would be overflowing, but I would be a miserable ba$tard, LOL! THANK YOU to EVERYONE that helped on this project!

When I found out I won 100 bucks for third round I was elated. I was at Dave Thomas's trailer and one of his guys said " For all you spent on that car, 100 bucks?!!" I said "Yeah, but the memories are PRICELESS"! thats what I'm talking about!!

So yeah, see you guys at the grove in a few weeks, stop by and introduce yourselves!

SS/DA 1924