The last dirt track Late model engine I built had a VERY light crank in it, it had a Kind custom crankshaft that only weighed 38lbs IIRC It started out as a 41 lb crank. In dirt track they use RPM as a break too. They spinn it up to 8500, get to the curve, let off the throttle set the car, and smash it again, the engine is constantlu at 8500, 2500, 8500, 1800, 8500, 3400, and so on. So the lighter the rotating weight in the engine the faster things will happen. They dont really need torque, or stored weight. They are always in the rpm, and they dont want it at say 5000, its either up or down. Thats also why a VERY strong rod is needed. I have seen some VERY nice stuff from Callies, King, Scat. Scat sells a nice crank thats 43lbs outa the box for a small block shebby. Thats all we ran was a 355 shebby.

We had titanium valves, light cranks, light pistons, light rods, and a light lifters, and rockers.

I dont know if you really want a super light set up in a street engine as you would sacrifice torque.

I dont know If I kept any of my Specs as I usually gave them with the engine as they were sold, but Even with a super light crank, we hardly ever saw a failed crank.

A good buddy of mine runs a Briant custom crank in his "open" late model engine, and it alone was over 5K for the crank. He wouldnt tell me how light it was. The only reason I know it was at least 5K is when he had it ordered, his machinist said it was not true, and when he was talking loudly on the phone the blippidy blippidy damn thing costed over 5k and its blippidy not true!!!

Fun times

Kasey