340B5, my son "hemiparts" has made a comment several times that it is a shame that someone could not assemble all of the stories he has heard from those days into a book or something. He hears the stories all the time when, my remaining brothers and I get together, but he also hears all the stories from old friends and racers that he meets at reunions and such. When he had the opportunity to drive the Motown Missile car against Hemifred he commented that unless someone preserves the cars and the stories they will eventually all be gone. When you get guys like Stewart P, Tom Hoover, Hubert Platt talking, the history of Drag Racing is in the recollection of those days. On Saturday night in Henderson, NC I looked through some photographs of the old missle cars on Stewart's lap top and as we were talking at our table, Bo Laws (side note Stewart pointed out who Bo was since I had not seen him in 35 years, old Modified Production days, did not recognize him)and a group were telling old stories and another table, Fred Bear, Dave Hale and other members of the S&S Racing Team (Gassers) were at another table telling stories.

Chris "Hemiparts" called me last night and asked if I realize that 2011 will be the 40th Anniversary of IHRA and that they have a contact on their site wanting names, pictures and stories from the beginning of IHRA.

If you are interested in the History of Drag Racing go to East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame 1 & 2 on You Tube and look at 2010 reunion. Turn the volume up when you get to the hemi in Billy Lynch's dragster.