Quote:

I have a 98 Magnum 5.9, and I know whether the larger componants (heads, pistons, front cover, gaskets) can be swapped, but I am unsure on the smaller parts. Specifically:

1. bearings (main, rod, and cam)?

2. timing gears and chain?

3. distributor shaft?

4. freeze plugs?

5. pushrods (the length)?

6. lifters (I am going to use hydraulic, but can I use LA hydraulic lifters or should I use Magnum haydraulic lifters)?

1. I am almost sure the bearings are all the same (the magnum may use some low resistance one (I know the rings are a lighter & I think the piston is lighter then an LA - thus they need a different ballance).

2. Not sure about the timing gears/chain, but all stock magnums were fuel injected so the have a different timing chain cover w/o a place to mount a fuel pump

3. Not sure what you are asking, stock magnums have a non-adjustable dist (they have a small slot that locks it in place). Magnums use a different cap

4. I would think the freeze plugs would mostly be the same.

5. Push rods - not sure about the length, but I know they are hollow (for pushrod oiling - LA used rocker shaft oiling) I would assume the length is different. If you want to use the magnum roller setup you need to get a magnum block with the holddown for the lifters.

6. You can put LA lifters in a magnum, but not the other way around, I would go with the magnum roller setup if you can with todays oils