Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It has to do with the ratio of travel for the kickdown to work like it was designed.

Exactly! & it lets the factory throttle cable bolt right up. I've seen people do the way Yuck is talking about, sorry but it looks tacky & it throws the geometry off for the kickdown, they built those brackets for a reason, if you look at any "factory" mopar Carter/TQ/QJ/holley you will see how the linkage is out more to the side & back slightly. Plus theres no sence in drilling on a brand-new carb. Also, if you buy the carb new & jack with it that way, it voids "ALL" warr. if you need to send it back for any reason with-in the warr. Don't be cheap, spend the 8.00 & do it right!!!!!!!

??? I didn't invent it. And I had zero issues on 2 cars I ran it on. Once the air cleaner is on you can't even see it and as far as tacky? how's that??? it looks stock.

And you probably are running a cable kickdown linkage cause the stock parts don't work right.... The hole in the holley isn't the proper distance from the throttle shaft therefore if you set the kickdown at WOT it won't be right under light throttle... Like others have pointed out it has to do with the ratio....