Quote:

Quote:

I bought the car about 5 weeks ago from a dealer, & the compressor on it was making noise so they said they would replace it with a good used one as part of the deal. The one they put on is making noise now - still works but making some noise (bad clutch, bearings???). I'm not too familiar with A/C compressors so I'm not sure but I've always heard you replace the unit.

First of all-why would a dealer replace a compressor with a "good used one"? Thats sounds goofy to me

Why would a used car dealer put a NEW A/C compressor (or even a rebuilt one for that matter), when they probably paid $50.00 to a wrecking yard for a "good used one"? I would guess most B-lots would not even offer to do that on a 9 year-old car. Anyway, it just sweetened the deal some. I was just hoping the one they bolted on would be a good one. It still works, but it's just making noise. This car is just really a nice one & I don't want any A/C or pulley problems. Doesn't seem too expensive to really do it right & have it last.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified