Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nothing wrong with that helmet for the home user/hobbyist. The higher end units look nicer and have a higher quality shell and (where it really counts) a much better headband/hinge mechanism. But the lenses are likely no better.

Interesting. I am going HF today anyway so that looks like a done deal, too.

Harbor Freight: The company you LOVE to Hate.

Ive got one of the HF $ 49.00 adjustible lens helmet and it just doesnt get dark enough at its highest setting 12. After a few seconds of welding the bright light blinds me like in your dark welding pic.

Im back with a old broken strap helmit now, it works much better. The work looks like your lighter welding pic.

Maybe I got a bad one, but I got another buddy who has a adjustible and he has the same complaint. I dont know if he got his from Harbor freight or not, But right now neither one of us will use those adjustible helmets.

IMO, you have to get the expensive ones for them to work right but I could be wrong. Like I said, maybe I got a bad one, or maybe the Chinese have fixed the problems with those helmets. mike

You get what you pay for, I would think your vision is worth more than 49 bucks.