Quote:

The carbs are really just air and fuel mixers and if they do that properly it is the design of the intake manifold that has more bearing on what works the best.

I agree (assuming the carbs are of adequate size)

Quote:

For all out power the factory six pack intakes will hold back power as will the factory Hemi 2X4 intake.
For streetability it is hard to beat the stock six pack setup and the factory Hemi 2x4 intake setup works nicely as well.
I've run both for 30 years now and currently my factory 2x4 Hemi setup makes my six pack look stupid at both the high rpm and the low rpm of the power range. They are both very street driveable though. I've spent lots of hours tuning the Hemi (but now that it's close to right it won't need anymore fiddling) the factory six pack calibration has run great right out of the box but there's probably a bit of power left on the table with tuning.

Sheldon

You didn't tell them that your Hemi is a wicked fast 472! ..........not that I would know for sure seeing as how I haven't gone for a ride yet!

j/k

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]