Quote:

Quote:

The problem with the units for newer cars is that most newer cars already have a system that draws cold air.

Yup, most newer vehicles are designed with setups that are actually not that bad. On most vehicles, especially newer 4cyl cars, all you're going to do with the CAI is change the sound your car makes at WOT.

Waste of money 95% of the time. When I had a new wrangler TJ 4.0l I was wondering what to do to get some more power out of it. Luckily, before I spent the money, one of the 4x4 mags did a pce by pce analysis of bolt on power adders (including a "chip", exhaust, cold air intake, etc. etc.) and the results were less than 3hp with some of the stuff actually having LESS performance than the stock stuff. TOTAL waste of time and money.

The ONLY thing they did that made any real difference was a supercharger kit! I saved the money for suspension goodies!

They did some testing on a cold air intake setup for a Cummins on the TDR and it made zero difference on a 400hp motor.

Dave

ps. most performance/mileage gains from this stuff is in people's heads (not singling out anyone specific).....and I'm talking about a typical K&N setup on a newer vehicle, not a cold air setup or scoop on a muscle/drag car.

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]