If you need a true high performance 727 with all the good parts, like bolt-in sprag, bilit drum, steel spline front gear, max-lug pump, etc.., then buy an assembled trans from CRT.
I bought all the parts seperate and built my own trans, but it cost about the same as if I just bought an assembled trans. They make profit on all the individual parts, plus you pay shipping for all those parts too. With the assembled trans, it is almost like getting the labor for free.

CRT sells the A&A parts for the same price as A&A charges.
The 727 I just built has the aftermarket steel front drum. All the aftermarket drums use the '71 and up bushing and pump support. The pump has the modified support and the max-lug pump gears. Because the new front drum is a 5-clutch setup the rear clutch retainer needs the front edge beveled for clearance. Since this is a performance built, I got the aluminum rear clutch retainer, and also a lightened sun shell. At the time I was using a stock valve body with shift kit, so no rollerized rear support, just the stock one, but I did install the A&A super sprag. all the servos are aftermarket, 4.2:1 front band lever with the thick band strut and bilit band ancor. The HP borg warner bands ( I think they are kevlar?), Alto red eagle clutches and kolene steels, deep trans pan and filter extention, and some minor mods like rear vent kit, tapped direct passage for screw in restrictor plug, 10 springs in front clutch, drilled and tapped hole for throttle pressure adjustments, drilled small oil hole from cooler return for rear sprag lube, heli-coiled many holes, new stainless cooler lines, aux cooler, etc. Also, CSI trans sheild and matching locking dipstick/tube assembly. Finally a custom 9" Ultimate converter.

I later went to a CRT manual reverse valve body, removed the direct restrictor, and put all 15-springs in the front clutch drum.

As you can tell this is a pretty pricy 727 build, but still way easier/cheaper than a 48RE installed behind a modified Cummins turbo diesel.